Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #1
justindavis
Dungeon Master

Hello I am going to play this game again, but this time I want to learn how to find all these cool items like we had in Wiz 7 - Light Sword, Excalibur, Light Shield.... Many a post have told me just to keep reloading the level, and eventually I will stumble on one of these cool items in a chest.

I am convinced I am not getting the real scoop here. I have played 20 different parties or so, and I the only different items I have ever been able to get is an extra Zoitachi Bo, but that prevented me from ever getting the Murmasa Blade. Will you please enlighten me as how to get these additional items? What am I missing in my search here? I have never seen any cool items other than Diamond Eyes, Murm Blade, Zoitachi, and ring of regen in Davey Jones Locker. These items always appear in the same place. The Pirates in the shallows only yield a blaster - never anything cool.

Am I missing some cheater/spoiler program? Please help me understand why I am so forsaken!!

Thanks - JD
Old 08-20-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You can actually get the extra Z-bo AND a Muramasa in that same chest. The fastest way to reload to check for it is: First become a Templar so the Rapax don't keep attacking. Then go to the ramp that goes all the way to the Zoo (whose entrance is next to the Throne Room) SAVE before you ever enter the Upstairs. My fastest route here is Prince's bed--grab King's Apt Key--get Queen's Deposit Slip--get Queen's Key--open chest. If it's not there, reload the save where you have never entered Upstairs, and try again.

Light Sword is less than 5% occurance in both the Bayjin Chest and as a drop from the Buccies, so it may take a lot of reloading. It's easier with the Buccies, just reload to before fighting them. The chest is the one in the hut with one Sentry, and my fave route is from the Swamp, Right when exiting the tunnel, then up the cliff once you get past the Sprites (don't have to fight them). There's a spur with some fallen boulders and then a draw, go up the draw and you should come out right even with the hut in question.
More Weapons:

Cane of Corpus: PP or Kill the Don
Estoc de Olivia: PP or Kill Al-Adryian (but not until you got the Dark Nectar)--he also drops Maiden Head, Ripper, and Divinemail u and l.
There's another Ripper in the Mountain Wilderness "Retro" Dungeon--which also has:
Flame Staff, Sword of Fire, Amulet of Nebdar (not in W-7; very nice esp for a Caster or Faerie Ninja) and a number of others.

Bloodlust is quite powerful for how early you can get it, it's in Antone's bank vault.
Bushido drops from Raven Rapax, that's a real quick reload-to-try-again sequence. There's another Bushido and a Vulcan Hammer in Ferro's locker, just give him the Pickled Trynnie from the kitchen for the key.
Staff of Doom is in the Waterfall in the Mountain Wilderness. (and Enchanted Wakizashi)
The Mauler, Dread Spear, Siege Arbalest can all be bought from Ferro.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

spoiler

Hey JD,
Yes, it can be frustrating at times to get these things. The first place to save is in the Shallows just before you enter
the Nessie area. Kill Nessie and go to the Locker. It usually doesn't take too many tries for Excalibur.
Another spot is when you go to upper Rapax Castle. Save before you enter "upper rapax castle", go all the way up and slide down the princes shute.
Go get the pass that gets you the key, then got to the Queens chest room if there's nothing to your liking, re-load.
Save just before you fight the Ghosts. I just got a light sword from them for the first time last, time; there's only a 2.13% chance
keep it in mind.
Also save just before you go into Bayjin, run across the walkway then jump into the water on the right. Follow the wall but be
just a little bit away from it. Run all the way to the mountains and run along the edge of them. When you get behind the house with
the chest make for the door. A combat will usually start, but not always. Either way, open the door and move past the sentry to his left.
You gotta squeeze by him. Kill him and the fight will end since the other enemies can't get in. Open the chest and see if there's anything
you like, if not, reload
Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I recommend "not" becoming a templar for the queens chest! You do have to fight to the upper lvl, but you will not be attacked when you get there! Get the stuff first. The kings locker has good stuff too!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You don't have to kill Nessie before you checlk the chest. If you engage from behind the rocks near the bubble lift that goes to Bayjin and move out of LOS once you're in combat, she'll retreat and break off combat all the way on the other side of the lagoon. Then you can run to the Locker and see what's there. If you like it, then kill Nessie with it. Do NOT reload the save IN the shallows. You have to reload from before entering the Shallows in order to change the chest contents.

I don't understand why not becoming a Templar first is important, unless you want more XP from killing Rapax. The reason for becoming Tamplar right away is to keep Ferro from getting killed while you're engaged with Rapaxes. (he stays green, so even if you're around a corner from him, he is still subject to attack)
And there are plenty of Rapax in the Upper Castle that can make the run to the Chest at least twice as long.

And why did you repeat my post???

[ 08-20-2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

And why did you repeat my post???

I'm not sure what you mean here?
JD emailed me and I emailed back. I also decided to copy and paste into this thread, 'cos I didn't know if my return email would be received by him.
I didn't read the thread before I pasted and posted, since I had no time to read the thread, (took my wife out to supper) but I didn't want JD to think I wasn't responding.

You have to kill the same number of rapax to get to Al-Adryian, so you might as well go upstairs first. All the rapax on the upper lvl are yellow, not red.

Good info on the nessie thing Scatter, I've never tried that.

Oh, and the drop chance for both Buccies and Bay chest are 2.47%
Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 PM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

oh, yellow, that's new to me, i've always been a Templar. Since you gotta empty the Throne Room anyway, it just made sense to me to go Templar first.
Then when you come back down you don't have to fight more, and Ferro's still not in danger.

[ 08-20-2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Old 08-21-2004, 06:31 AM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yeah, you really have to stay away from him when you do it my way. That's 1 NPC that you "don't" want dead.
I've tried doing the rescue as a non Templar, but it's pretty tough with my parties of 2 or 3 at most. So, I do the Templar thing and kill Al-Sed right away. They don't seem to notice anyway.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
justindavis
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the hints. It just appears to me that every party I have loaded seems to have the low "karma"score left over from Wiz 7!!

JD
Old 08-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Scatter and I probably have a lot more games under our belt. Believe me, I've only taken on the Dark Savant 3 times out of, about 20-30 parties. It's all about how they work, and how much fun you're having. My 3 Gadgies about a month ago went all the way. My 2 Valks' really sucked with polearms so I dumped 'em and my current party of Ranger & Rogue seem to have good potenial.