Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 11:56 PM   #1
Proton

Ok, I looked through the message board archives for info on curing vampirism. Found
some posts, but no one has found a cure.

Anyone have any luck recently???????

Or should I make a new character?

Old 10-27-2000, 09:47 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi there,

The board seems to be a little slow these days, but we had a thread going a while back. I've been working hard to try and find a Cure, I just dont know if anyone has actually finished the game with a vampire, well I'll be the first then real soon.

There seems like there has to be a cure, but I still haven't found one. I've checked all three forums and no one has mentioned anything, but I'm not giving up without a fight!

Anyone have any knowledge here, please post! Come on guys, its a worthy challenge, and I for one am up to it.

Scronan
Old 10-27-2000, 05:34 PM   #3
Rincewind

Of course, I'm not sure, but I think there's no cure for vampirism because it's no illness, but a character trait. It also has its advantages, like the bite. I mean, I didn't like it either, so I just reloaded, but I think it's no problem finishing the game with it. As of date (just finished the Stout Mines) I have a few hundred healing potions and two people who can cast healing.

Old 10-27-2000, 06:31 PM   #4
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Um, the point is that you can't heal a Vampire. The only I found so far is to bite people and cast Lifesteal. I started the game over.
Old 10-27-2000, 09:36 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I'm starting to think its uncurable. The bite really "bites" near the end of the game, since 3-11 HP drain doesn't do much for a high level warrior.
The Lifesteal spell is really good, even for the Undead, but it doesnt work on all monsters...

Well, I still think there is a way. After all, Boogreism is a trait, and it can be cured. So why not vampirism? I'm wondering, does the Vampire Ring have a purpose (other than to make the game crash, like the Clover Ring...).

I'm about to the end, so I'll keep looking, though it seems futile...

Scronan
Old 10-27-2000, 11:55 PM   #6
Pain

Guys, there's a pool in the last dungeon of the game (Lord Cet's Tomb) that is the "Vampiric Pool". When I stepped into it out of curiousity, it said that I felt renewed strength and energy sizzle through me or something.

My party managed to avoid Vampirism through the game, so I can't swear to you that this cures it, but it seems odd it would be called "Vampiric Pool" and sound like it was beneficial, don't you think?

Shame it's at the end of the game, just like Valkyrie and Zenmaster.

Painbringer

Old 10-28-2000, 12:16 AM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Pain - that sounds like that might be the ticket. I think one of the few players who went through with a vampire. I'm just finishing up Isis now, so I should be at Cet's tomb in a short while...so I'll post what happens.

Having some trouble, but I'm determined to not use any spoilers...heh.

Scronan
Old 10-28-2000, 12:55 AM   #8
Radien

Let us know soon. I have already started the game over once after getting into Xydusa's chamber for the first time and finding no way to beat her without half my people coming out dead or stoned. Does anything negative happen if you kill the vampire chick? I couldn't try it because I didn't notice I was a vampire till after I had saved.

Old 10-28-2000, 08:49 AM   #9
Pain

I'll be interested to hear if that Vampiric Pool in Cet's tomb does the trick. It's not too hard to find (not too deep in the maze of hallways).

There doesn't seem to be many consequences in this game for bad behavior. My first run-through, I got on the bad side of the toads and ended up having to kill Shinwiki. I didn't get the spear (big whoop, it sucks anyway) but I did get credit for the quest once I got to the toadum and touched it. I also killed the Vampire and never had any repercussions -- all other vampires still hated me just as much And the ones in Skull Castle still dealt with me on their quest.

Others have reported wasting the dragon, Oakenmir, and so forth, without any consequences at all. I guess when a Paladin doesn't mind bunking with an assassin you don't need to be too picky about who you kill.

Painbringer

Old 10-28-2000, 10:50 AM   #10
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Well, I finally got to the second sea, so I should get to Cet's tomb today (since im home sick, why not play video games!).

The only NPC I killed was Erathsmedor, and I went back to talk to Hephasteus, and he didn't seem to notice. I don't think it matters.

However, I did find you can hit the Lich with the Mavin, and don't try and hit Kerah. Nothing, including the Mavin affects her.

And who would want to? She's HOT!

Off to the vampiric pool...

Scronan