Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 07:50 AM   #31
Migosh

Drunk at the inn near the city gates:

what are you stareing at? never seen a... er... man before?

Old 01-14-2001, 08:19 AM   #32
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Best acting- Irenicus, Jahiera when you find khalid. I nearly cried. Most of Jahieras' romance speeches are pretty good. Minsc of course.
Best lines- Minsc when you leave him standing around "Boo needs his exercise lest he bite us all in hard to reach places." Also Edwins conversation with Silvanis in the Copper Coronet after Edwin has read the Nether scroll. Considering Edwins' personality I could imagine all the other characters laughing at him, I sure was. It wasn't so funny when he went postal though.
Old 01-15-2001, 09:13 PM   #33
Curdis

To get the best speeches you have to play evil. Edwin is fast becoming my favourite speaker. But for example when the boss elf (Eldhan?) makes Viconia swear fealty to the party Korgan chips in with "And if you'll believe that you'll believe anything!" I'm also fond of quoting Edwin's openning speech to the party. "I am Edwin Odeseron, you simians who would prefer a less sylable intensive workout may refer to me as Sir!".

"You must lather your party before venerating froth". - Curdis

Old 01-15-2001, 09:38 PM   #34
Armisael

Nothing tops the spectator beholder from the Sahauguin City. I was laughing my head off.

Old 01-20-2001, 08:13 AM   #35
Ebiris

I really liked a little exchange between Edwin and Viconia in the Asylum. I had just talked to the girl who saw through the planes and Edwin had a comment to make -

Edwin: A weakness on her part. A superior mind could handle such a gift.
Viconia: Ha! It is a shame we do not have one here.
Edwin: (sigh, it is aggravation like this that will cause me to fireball the entire party in their sleep. Yes, everyone nice and peaceful, then FOOM!!)

Edwin is just hilarious.

Old 01-20-2001, 10:20 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Edwin: My name is Edwin Odesseiron. You simians may refer to me merely as "Sir", if you prefer a less...syllable-intensive workout.
Old 01-20-2001, 10:31 AM   #37
dentar

Best: lilarcor: hmm taste like chikcen
let's go see what's inside thatone
hey let's go kill that over there
Korgan: (in a very sarcastic tone) hey jaheira, nice stick you got there, why don't you call some squirrels to make the day.
minsc: go for the eyes boo, go for the eyes(especially boo's little scream)

Old 01-20-2001, 11:11 AM   #38
RedArrow

Spectator beholder in Sahuagin City!!! I actually stopped playing, stood up and sit somewhere more comfy than my chair till my laughing came to an end only to start laughing like a madmen at his next line. He is the best bar none.

From a RP perspective I liked what Mincs said when we first entered hell. It's just him, a good, brave and not so intelligent ranger. His tone is fantastic, he actually liked dying on the battle ground helping one of his best friends against evil. I can't remember the exact line but it was something like: "Boo and Minsc were on the way to the glorius fields of Rashamen but we heard you call us and came to help."

Old 01-26-2001, 12:02 AM   #39
Donut (Son of Donut)

I heard this line for the first time yesterday. I'm in the asylum and have to use Minsc in stealth mode because of the lack of a decent thief when he comes out with the classic:

'No-one can see me - but my battle cry may give me away'

Old 01-26-2001, 04:48 PM   #40
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well, its been a long time since i read it, and im translating from spanish, but one of the bests was when I met Firkraag and Minsc said something like:

"We wouldnt be cowards if we leave and return when we have a bigger sword".
Made me laugh over the floor