Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #51
Lek Dukagjin
Dungeon Master

Yeah? Well no-one brought them up every single time I posted here, on Baldur's Gate's forum and over at Dungeon Siege.

[ 10-10-2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Lek Dukagjin ]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:34 PM   #52
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lek Dukagjin:
Sorry - I haven't posted here in many months so I don't know about these newfangled rules you kids play with these days.
NP, just watch the swear words. The occasional one is ok, as long as it's not one of the really BIG BADDIES like the F word

Welcome back!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:49 PM   #53
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
1. Your signature is FAR too big; read the Rules and Regulations- click the button on the top of your screen that looks like:

2. There are 12 year olds and younger browsing these boards; for that reason the mods look down very sternly at swearing. I would strongly recomend you edit your post if you want it to survive much longer.
1. The stick up your arse is FAR too big; read the book of "How to not act like a mini-mod"

2. Refer to No.1
Old 10-11-2002, 03:13 AM   #54
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

A couple of points need to be re-emphasised in relation to this thread.

1) The sig size rules are clearly pointed out in the "Rules and Regulations" for this forum. When someone politely points out that a sig does not conform to the rules, it's good manners to resize the sig so it does conform.

2) There is a virtual zero tolerance of the use of extremely strong swearing. Don't get wound up about it, just accept it and find another way of expressing your feelings.

3) I have seen no examples of mini-modding in this thread. By mini-modding I mean finger pointing and putting down a fellow member in a disparaging manner when they breach the rules. What I have seen is several members trying to put someone else straight on how to conduct himself. This sort of self-policing is exactly why our community flourishes. The alternative is that we mods micromanage every single minor dispute and that aint gonna happen.

Carry on folks.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 10-11-2002, 06:56 AM   #55
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
3) I have seen no examples of mini-modding in this thread. By mini-modding I mean finger pointing and putting down a fellow member in a disparaging manner when they breach the rules. What I have seen is several members trying to put someone else straight on how to conduct himself. This sort of self-policing is exactly why our community flourishes. The alternative is that we mods micromanage every single minor dispute and that aint gonna happen.

Carry on folks.
Absolutely...the alternative is that we lock every thread that becomes an issue without worrying about who started it, which would be a shame, wouldn't it.

On the issue of swearing - we don't censor people here because we expect that people carry themselves with the same degree of etiquette that they would in public, in mixed company with people they may or may not know of ages ranging from 8 to 80. Occasional swearing is ok, but swearing in anger, especially at someone else, is not. Just keep that in mind. Cheers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2002, 08:21 AM   #56
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lek Dukagjin:
quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Lek, shrink that sig will you? There are rules on sig size here, as lennon pointed out. ALso we do have a few kids here, and some of the adults dont like them seeing language like that. I myself dont care one way or the other, the mods will sort it out if neccesary.
Sorry - I haven't posted here in many months so I don't know about these newfangled rules you kids play with these days.[/QUOTE]Well, you need to learn them, and now. Go to:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/rules.html

You have already broke 2 rules. Your sig and cussing. (The *F* word). That is NOT necessary at ALL. You should read the rules before you break another.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-11-2002, 08:28 AM   #57
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
1. Your signature is FAR too big; read the Rules and Regulations- click the button on the top of your screen that looks like:

2. There are 12 year olds and younger browsing these boards; for that reason the mods look down very sternly at swearing. I would strongly recomend you edit your post if you want it to survive much longer.
1. The stick up your arse is FAR too big; read the book of "How to not act like a mini-mod"

2. Refer to No.1
[/QUOTE]You better watch that mouth AzureWolf. Remember, it got you suspended before. I applaud LennonCook's posts, atleast HE is being helpful, while YOUR post it a simple attack. I will be watching you and Lek Dukagjin. Grow up.

[ 10-11-2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-11-2002, 10:18 AM   #58
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ziroc - is it considered absolutely rude if I delete this topic? It's certainly gotten out of hand.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:28 AM   #59
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Ziroc - is it considered absolutely rude if I delete this topic? It's certainly gotten out of hand.
Thanks for the offer, but if you don't mind, I'll just lock this thread and let it drop. I'd rather not delete it as it contains some good advice and pointers on how we should be behaving that I would like to remain visible for the short time this topic remains on page one after it's locked.

I'm sorry your thread got hijacked - better luck next time

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)