Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heya.
I've been sifting through the bonus items of my LotR extended DVD sets and I must say I'm very impressed with the depth of the added behind-the-scenes stuff. Also, the audio commentaries are great, especially the ones featuring the actors (Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan's comments are particularly funny, although Sean Astin tends to get a bit 'wanky' in his philosophical analyses of the book and films). If you own the extended DVDs and havn't had the time to watch the movies with the audio commentaries going then I highly recommend you set aside a few hours sometime to do so, they're great!

Anyway, I've heard on IMDB that there are secret sections of the exntended DVDs that feature among other things bloopers and practical jokes played on and by the cast. Now, I'm wondering if these secret sections do in fact exist, and if they do, how do I find them? Any help is much obliged.

Cheers all.

[ 01-16-2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 01-16-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

The only "bonus" I found is on disc 2.

1)Select the last group of scenes (on the left side).

2)When the scenes are named (in the middle), scroll down past the last screen. A tiny ring icon will appear, and hit "select."

You'll get a joke PJ interview (kinda lame IMHO).

BTW, this same method worked on the first two Extended Edition DVDs as well, I believe.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:54 PM   #3
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
The only "bonus" I found is on disc 2.

1)Select the last group of scenes (on the left side).

2)When the scenes are named (in the middle), scroll down past the last screen. A tiny ring icon will appear, and hit "select."

You'll get a joke PJ interview (kinda lame IMHO).

BTW, this same method worked on the first two Extended Edition DVDs as well, I believe.
Thanks man. I'll try that when I get home.
The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:24 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

On the two towers extended edition the hidden bonus is reached by scrolling down from the last chapter with the keyboard as krunchyfrogg said. The bonus here is Gollum receiving the award for best digital character.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:50 AM   #5
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

And on the first DVD it was the same thing in the Council of Elrond scene (you go to that scene in the scroll thingy and a ring appears). You got to see the Sarah Michelle Gellar & Jack Black parody from MTv awards. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-17-2005, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 01-17-2005, 08:25 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The Two Towers bonus os the best - Gollum's acceptance speech was a classic. I seem to recall he was less than complimentary to Dobby and Peter Jackson [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
The Two Towers bonus os the best - Gollum's acceptance speech was a classic. I seem to recall he was less than complimentary to Dobby and Peter Jackson [img]smile.gif[/img] .
It is also interesting to lipread what Elijah Wood says right at the end of the hidden movie.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #8
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I actually thought the Council of Elrond one was the funniest. I wasn't too impressed with the latedt cookie.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #9
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
On the two towers extended edition the hidden bonus is reached by scrolling down from the last chapter with the keyboard as krunchyfrogg said. The bonus here is Gollum receiving the award for best digital character.
<font color=plum>Exactly which CD is this hidden bonus on? I've been watching my extended LOTR DVD's over the last couple of days and I watched The Two Towers today. I scrolled down to the bottom of the Scenes List on CD2 and I did get a small drawing at the bottom with a ring on it, but could NOT highlight or select that drawing with the remote control.

I tried scrolling down the list of Scenes on the right hand side, I tried selecting the last two "scenes" (End Credits & Fan Club Credits) and I tried selecting the last 4 scenes of the actual movie. Scrolling through each of these screens produced NO secret "ring" on the screen.

I only checked CD2 - which has the last half of the movie on it. I did not check the CD3 or CD4 which are labeled "Appendices", nor did I check the Scene list or individual chapters on CD1.

I would really like to see the Gollum acceptance speech. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can find it?</font>
Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #10
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum>

I would really like to see the Gollum acceptance speech. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can find it?</font>
Hey, yeah, I've had this exact same problem too. I just gave up and started watching a Dune DVD and completely forgot about it, until now that is.