Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Heart The last words of un unmarried man

Not quite so omnious as it may sound, but these are hopefully the last words as an unmarried man, at least in written form.

It was many days, months even years since I first logged on to IW for the first time. As a blueborder by heart I came here in quest for knowledge about the dreaded golems that kept harrassing my Baldurs gate 2 party. As a first real contact with any form of forum as well it was both intriguin and fascinationg. It soon consumed a lot of my waking hours and here my first online persona was born. as Wolfgir, I now type before you. Many waking, and should been sleeping, hours I have spend here. Too many but not many enough. IW is still though I am now and have been for a few years a lurker, stil in my mind when I think of most online activities. Many of my first online friends are still here or lurking about, so it is no more then fair that my most personal and last words as an unmarried man is presented here.

Tomorrow, man, I will at 3 o´clock CET walk down the aisle of a church where I grew up and say I do to the woman that I love. It sounds so easy yet that sentance brigns shivers to me. No longer will I be the one, the solitude wolf but a part of something greater then me. It is buiness as usual, but more confirmed and bigger. It is scary yet comforting at once.

Will I miss being the no 1 in my life? The one who crawled thorugh a toilette window to see Nirvana perform before they hit of with teen spirit, the one who lied his way into a club to see Pearl jam live? The one who has countless of times seen the logo of a Twins glove hammering through the air to land on my eyeballs or been diverted at the last second? The one who almos got annihilated last autumn but saved the day by making a Kimura at the last second? The one who has walked a path between utter desperasion and melanholy for years? The one that constantly fumbles around the keybaord making every typo known to man his second nature?

The answer is of course yes and no. It is with happiness and joy I see some of the above go, with relucatance that I know that I say goodbye to some of it and with assurance that some if it, no the majoirty of it will not go away, it will just share the space with something else.

I always prouded myself that I was rather good with explaining my mood and my feelings, but this I don't think I will ever be able to explain well enouh or true enough, so the above with my comming sentances will have to do.
I love her.
I will fight for OUR future.
I will never ever stray from the path too long.

Tomorrow when I walk up to the priest, with she who to me is the most important person in my life at this moment, I will say yes, and I will feel proud that she chooses me to live with.

Goonight everyone, tomorrow is really a new day.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Default Re: The last words of un unmarried man

Aaw, congratulations Wolfgir! I wish a good future to you both.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Don't let anyone else steal the alpha female.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Congrats.

I've been married for 2 and something years now, and I sayeth: keep working on it and it'll only get better.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Awww, Wolfie... You are not losing yourself, you are just moving forward, with the one you love. Wishing you a lovely ceremony tomorrow my friend. *HUGS*

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Dammit Wolfie, why didn't you come out sooner with that, i could have saved you from this unholy manifestation, how the hell did this happen? Were you drunk when you made that commitment?

I feel for you man, i wish there was something i could do to save you, but i'm afraid it's too late.

If you ever need advice, damagecontrol, or firearms, just drop me a PM, mkay?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I see Johnny's got the backout plan covered, but Wolfgir... 'tis a much different journey you embark on tomorrow, and one that comes with many treasures along the way. As with any quest, there are pitfalls and snares, but as you know from gaming, the strength of your total party is often more powerful than any one character alone.

So head forth proudly tomorrow, expanding your permanent adventuring party by one, and know that as you both head out into the world for new quests, sights, and journeys, you always have a host of comrades here at IW, ready to support you, laugh with you (or at you, as necessary), and cover your back when needed.

The best of luck to you both tomorrow. I raise a glass in your honor.

-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Congrats man. We're expecting a full report.. right after the honeymoon. Johnny is right, by the way. If only you had told us sooner. We could have crashed the wedding.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, I said "I do" and she said "I do" so I am now married.

Thanks for the err.. support guys

Wendy, love the pic! HUGS!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Big congrats from me. I'll drink a toast to your futures

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote