Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-16-2001, 03:25 AM   #1
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

Ok, I went and Save whats-his-name, the actor dude. I gave him his gem, but didn't take him into my already badass party. So I went over to the stage and NO ONE is there. How can I finish this quest now? Or can I finish it at all? also one more party question: Who should I drop to get Imoen, Areia(spelled wrong) or Jan? Thanz

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-16-2001, 03:35 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

spoiler???
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

Try going back to the Circus Tent at Waukeens Promanade>??? I dont know if it works but its worth a try.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 03:48 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel:
Who should I drop to get Imoen, Areia(spelled wrong) or Jan? Thanz

Imo, drop Jan for Imoen, but it really depends on the make-up of the rest of the party.
My reason: You'll need a thief to detect traps and lockpick, etc. Imoen with potions of master theivery and other thief skills enhancing items, should suffice for the rest of the game.
She'll also level up faste as a mage then Jan since Jan is a multi-classed T/M. At 17 int, Imoen should be able to cast at least level 8, if not level 9, spells.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-16-2001, 06:39 AM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

I believe you messed up that quest. the actors must have just used the gem and left. if you'd have taken the gem to them yourself you would have witnessed what happens and you could go after them. I'd reccomend reloading a previous save since the quest is worth some nice xp and you get some nice equipment (including a pair of Boots of Speed).

as for who to drop for Imoen - I'd say Jan. Imoen can handle all your lock-picking and trap disarming (might need help from a potion now and then though) and she's a much better mage than Jan. practically Imoen and Jan fill the same role in the party and with Imoen around Jan really becomes a lot less useful.
on the other hand Aerie is a mage/cleric which means she has an impressive array of spells available. plus, with right equipment (Bladesinger Chain, Crom Faeyr...) she can be used in the front line with your fighters.
all in all I consider Aerie a lot more usefull than Jan.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:19 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Who to drop depends on your other partymembers. Statwise, I would dump Jan for Imoen. An extra "advantage" so to speak is the possibility of romancing Aerie. However, Jan is lots more fun (almost as much as Minsc) if you have the right partymembers.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings