Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-30-2001, 06:09 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Hi All!

Looks like the forums at Heuristic Park are shutting down, to quote:

"I regret to inform you that SitePowerUP.com and its services will be shutting down permanently on June 1, 2001. The only exception to this is email. Users who have @sitepowerup.com accounts are welcome to keep them. Since 1997 we have provided services for over 50,000 web sites and have logged almost a half billion pageviews from our users. Those of you with paid service will be refunded a prorated percentage of your current payment after the first week of June."

And a poster by the name of Zardon had this to say:

"To tell you the truth I doute HPI & SitePowerUp.com have anything in common. I'm sure HPI just picked a forum board by Random. You can still get User-to-User Technical Support over at Ironworks http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi? "

So we may have some more new posters shortly.

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 05-30-2001).]
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh ye gods and firestones! Batten down the hatches...and have all scimtars at the ready!

Be afraid...be VERY afraid!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:26 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Oh ye gods and firestones! Batten down the hatches...and have all scimtars at the ready!

Be afraid...be VERY afraid!

-Sazerac
hhhmmmm what kind of posters are they ? a friendly bunch, or "flamers and trolls"?

will we be doing lot of handslapping and Terms Of Service reminding?

should we start a netiquette thread?

What should we expect?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
"Let them come. Let them ALL come."
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:31 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(sharpening my wit and sword)

BRING THEM ON!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Flamers and trolls of the worst order, RudeDawg. *sigh* Worst case, it will make what happened on GD last week seem like a picnic in Central Park.

Wyvern, I forsee dire portents! I hope your breath of flame weapon is at the ready!

-Sazerac
Old 05-30-2001, 07:03 PM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Flamers and trolls of the worst order, RudeDawg. *sigh* Worst case, it will make what happened on GD last week seem like a picnic in Central Park.

Wyvern, I forsee dire portents! I hope your breath of flame weapon is at the ready!

-Sazerac
DAMMIT !!!! I've seen too many good boards ruined by uncouth jerks moving in from other places, and assuming that their assinine attitudes will be accepted. I'm gonna go find, copy, and paste a Netiquette thread...

I won't let ANYONE take this place from me without a fight....

Saz, I think you saw my replies to some of the GD threads. If you would rather I backed off, let me know. If not, I'm sharpening my twin swords, stringing my bow, and settling in to defend our castle.

------------------

The RudeDawg

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 07:08 PM   #7
WizardMen
The Magister

so that site closing down means some people might be comings here and they might be people that are going to be a pain in the ass? I hope I got what you guys were saying all wrong...I would hate to have ppl like that

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:09 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Let's wait and see what happens first. I think Wyvern is most able to defend almost any stronghold . What will be needed are courteous, polite, and firm reminders of our policies here and continuing to treat everyone here with courtesy; in short, what has made this forum such a strong, positive one over the last few months.

And, barring that, a good IP address kickban in the touche will solve anything else!

-Saz
Old 05-30-2001, 07:10 PM   #9
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WizardMen:
so that site closing down means some people might be comings here and they might be people that are going to be a pain in the ass? I hope I got what you guys were saying all wrong...I would hate to have ppl like that

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
Looks that way...

No worries, the god-mods here are the "fastest guns in the west". The whole site is one of the better moderated ones I've ever been on.

I think we should all just be alert, and ready to let the mods know if anything comes up.

------------------

The RudeDawg

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 07:17 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
No worries, the god-mods here are the "fastest guns in the west". The whole site is one of the better moderated ones I've ever been on.

I think we should all just be alert, and ready to let the mods know if anything comes up.

Right...that's what we've got to do...self-policing has always been the strongest point on this board.

I remember when I first came to this board in either late October or early November. One of the first posts that was sitting in the middle of the board was something like "f***ing game sucks ****" or something like that and flames flying everywhere about it. I said "right-ho"; I'd seen enough boards like that, and didn't come back to Ironworks for three weeks. Finally, looking for a piece of information, I dared to stick my nose back in here again, just to see if I could look it up and then skedaddle without arousing the "beasts" here...and everyone was so wonderful and nice, I hardly knew it to be the same board! So I started posting here in late November, and thus that legend was born.

My point in bringing this up is how just one nasty inflammatory post can lose a potential new member who may have a treasure-trove to offer the board. It danged near lost me before I even got started. No telling what we lost potentially last week in GD. There are no winners in flame-wars, and only the innocent are hurt.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. For all we know, there may be good posters over there too who need a respite from all the BS.

-Sazerac