Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Default IWD1 w/ HoW & TotLM: which patches?

Do I need both the HoW (v1.41) AND IWD (v1.06) patches, or only one of them?

Any recommended mods/tweaks/fixes, ect.?

TIA

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Default Re: IWD1 w/ HoW & TotLM: which patches?

TotL has the final patch built in (1.42, I believe).

Install the following, in the following order, for all the patches you need:
1) IWD
2) HoW
3) TotL

You only need the HoW patch (1.41) if you don't have TotL, and you only need the IWD patch (1.06) if you don't have HoW. Each successive expansion has a patch for the previous version built in.

I've used the Auril's Bane mod for the improved stacking, but the mod somehow disrupted Mirror Image, so now that spell doesn't work for me. Apparently it's a corrupted file somewhere and other people use the mod without that problem, but it's still annoying.

I'd only add a mod if you've played the game a lot and want some extra quests, or if you're playing exclusively on HoF and therefore need more ammo capacity. You can do HoF from scratch without the stacking mod, but it can be a bit of an inventory management exercise.

Last edited by Aerich; 01-22-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Aerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerich View Post
TotL has the final patch built in (1.42, I believe).

Install the following, in the following order, for all the patches you need:
1) IWD
2) HoW
3) TotL

You only need the HoW patch (1.41) if you don't have TotL, and you only need the IWD patch (1.06) if you don't have HoW. Each successive expansion has a patch for the previous version built in.

I've used the Auril's Bane mod for the improved stacking, but the mod somehow disrupted Mirror Image, so now that spell doesn't work for me. Apparently it's a corrupted file somewhere and other people use the mod without that problem, but it's still annoying.

I'd only add a mod if you've played the game a lot and want some extra quests, or if you're playing exclusively on HoF and therefore need more ammo capacity. You can do HoF from scratch without the stacking mod, but it can be a bit of an inventory management exercise.

Thanks.

Does the IWD version of Ease of Use allow item stacking? I was hoping it would, b/c stacking ammo is important to me. I hate having to over-manage my inventory.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

I think it does. Just make sure the version you get is compatible with TotL.