Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #21
Hawkins
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is always an answer to lack of spell use. Like SIX was saying pick up some wands, but dont forget BG still lets sp mages cast any spell out of your qick slot, scroll style, as well. When it comes to mages its more whatever's yor flavor. There is always a way to have your mage cast whatever your party may need. It may just cost some gold out of your pocket.
Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:55 PM   #22
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Haha! Did you take a screenshot? I'd love to see it in the Funny Screenshots Thread in the SoA Forum.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #23
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:

Xzar had created a stone statue out of Monty, to be used as the new carnival attraction, and replaced him with Branwen as his new (better looking) companion. Yep, being totally crazy does make him a fun character to have along for the ride.
Montaron, I...I...I....never loved you!?!!

Great stuff, Midget Gems. Classy roleplaying. I could imagine that perfectly...

Xzar has some of the greatest quotes in the game and is worth having in any party for his unpredictable nature and brilliantly bizarre wit alone. In the last two times I've finished BG1, I've had him in my party for the initial stages of the game until at least after I finish the mines. I dropped him for Edwin, (a personal choice) but I'm still rather fond of Xzar and shall one day see it through to the end with him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
There are many tactics to use to keep him healthy and kicking. Throwing knvies, darts, larloch's minor drain, anything to keep him in the backline through the early stages is beneficial.
The first time I played, I actually didn't even have a mage at all...but that's another story.

Anyway, keep it up Midget Gems. Hope to hear some more funny tales of your Xzar antics.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 AM   #24
Midget Gems

Hi Jerr. I did take a screenshot and I was wondering about putting on a caption and making it available. I never realised that you guys on the BG2 forum had already done a competition, I bet there are some more great screenshots out there still (with or without captions). Looking back at some of my previous parties makes me wish I had captured more of those 'BG Moments'with screenshots.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #25
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

You can put it up in the thread, but the contest is over.

But put it up anyway I love screenshots
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #26
Midget Gems

Ok, I've had a go at putting a couple of screen-shots on a web page - see if you can get them at http://uk.geocities.com/maurice.hese...om/BG1pix.html

I am still having fun with my role-reversal party: Xzar makes a fine Evil Cleric, I see him as having Bassilus as his role model. Also I have Ajantis as an Evil Paladin! He cut down some innocent, lost rep points and proclaimed "We follow the path of Helm". lol.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:11 AM   #27
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

For me, xzar bever lasts long, but im not much of a magic person, and the mirror image thing was never of much use to me anyways, but when i do use a mage, its usually their destructive spells, not buffs.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #28
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Do you have larger ones?
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #29
Midget Gems

The images can be seen full size if you download them. Otherwise I may add a couple more and make them all bigger. But I don't have a lot of time at the moment and I'm still learning about making web pages.
MG
Old 05-17-2004, 08:27 PM   #30
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Jerr, drag the screenshots into the URL window.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote