Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-18-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I was wondering who has a PDA here,
and what type you have
and any software you reccomend.

I got mine about 2 days ago, and it is so amazing.
Mine is an oldish NEC MobilePro 300E
206mhz ARM processor, 64 meg internal memory.

for PDA users, i found this program which uses the IR port,
it is amazing, it not only has thousands of devices listed, but can mimick ir signals copied from a remote aimed at the PDA's ir port, assing them to buttons on screen, and allow you to use the PDA as a universal remote.

Anyway i think it is amazingly cool

program is here free download (total remote software is the program): http://www.griffintechnology.com/sof...talremote.html
Old 07-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Had an old Palm m505, died recently when the battery no longer able to store charges. Pretty hard to get a spare battery and it would probably cost a bomb too. Now it is collecting dusk in my drawer. At least the 128MB expansion SD flashram is compatible with my digital camera.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
LOL, I thought you meant Public Display of Affection! [img]redface.gif[/img] Nope, no fun little devices like that for me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

I used to have a PDA, but found the darn thing more annoying and time consuming that anything else, so I hired a secretary instead.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

LOL @ Animal!

I have a Tungsten E. I bought it to organize my life. So far so good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's one of the cheapest out there, but it really does have that bang for your buck.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #6
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I have a Sony Clie NZ90. Bluetooth, wifi, keyboard, 2 megapixel camera, 320x480 screen, it has the lot. I couldn't live without it. I use it for so much - it stores all my office documents, pictures, mp3s, videos, games, plus it has my schedule and contacts. I can hop onto my wireless network with it, send a quick email, or check the news and weather. I can snap a picture when I want to then send it to my laptop via bluetooth. I never used to understand why one would need a PDA, but now it's become such a useful tool in day to day life. Take my cell phone, but leave me my handheld.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I have an old Palm IIIx with a whopping 4MB of memory. It handles the 2400 address in there quite handily...

I'm planning on an upgrade soon, probably to a combination PDA/cell phone. A Treo 600 is a good possibility... and I can get my boss to pay for it

When I first got it, I had to take a trip to the UK to do a sales presentation. It was my first time in England, and the communication between me and my contact wasn't particularly good on the details. I knew their offices were about midway between London and Birmingham, and the last word I got before I left was "take a cab here".

No problem... except where's here?

Arrived, got into the cab (still not knowing where "here" was) and looked up my contact's name in my Palm. There it was, and... waitaminnit! This is a London address... she can't be midway between London and Birmingham and still be in London, can she?

Sat for a minute, and then remembered someone else in her office. Looked him up, and he had a different address. I told the cabby where I wanted to go, and he looked at me strangely. I think I gave him too much address.

Finally, I handed him my Palm with the address displayed and said, "Take me here."

He looked at it, then said, "You want to go to Brierley Hill?"

I said, "If that's what that says, take me there."

One hour later, I was safely in place.

Great tool, that Palm... wouldn't live without it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.