Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 07:31 AM   #1
Vampire

Hi IWers [img]smile.gif[/img] It's Avy here, been away for a long time, but I have not fallen out of touch with the RPG world

I have been so impressed with the capabilities of the new exp to NWN that I have started a vast module.
It will be very open ended with more of an exploration story line rather than a definite "hack n slash" plot.
Thus, it will also be harder (ie real life) and take longer to get to level 40 [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Setting will be two worlds linked together: Faerun and Kara-Tor (sp?)
This is a huge project and it will start in Kara Tor...

I am disgusted by the Jade Empire currently under design... So i will release the first part of my module to give you a real taste of oriental martial arts and sorcery.

Any one interested?

The biggest problem is oriental tilesets so far!
If anyone can design some oriental tilesets I would be much indebted.

Avy

Old 12-15-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Sounds cool!

I don't know if you need custom placeables (there might be some on the vault as well), but I might be able to do some. I still have to find out how to texture properly with chiliskinner (as in I can build the module but I can't do textures with different material). I'm also a bit limited in time due to tests and a lot of assignments to be turned in but I can do a few. I expect to have some time thursday to try the skinning on a model I have lying around for long and if that works out OK I could start others.

As for tilesets, I can't do them and after looking at that I found it'll be a lot of things to learn so I won't do that in the near future.

If i do them do you have any objections against my putting them on my site?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
philip
Galvatron

You might want to take a look at this: placeables at the vault
Old 12-16-2003, 04:57 AM   #4
Vampire

Hi!

Wow thanks for that, I downloaded 2 placeable zips and 1 weapon zip. Should come in handy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I really need is oriental buildings and bamboos instead of tress [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here is a taster of what is to come:

You arrive from Faerun to a land in the east filled with magic and legends. A land where bamboos grow like the pine trees of the west and where ki replaces the magic you know.
Here there too are sects and cults that run deep through history, each with their own secrets and aims.
The famous ones you have heard of, but more often than not, it's the other cults that shape our history.

Wudan:
This you will have heard of from bards in taverns or old dusty books from shelves. The Wudan Mountain sits in a central position and is one of teh earliest sects to form. Founded by 7 Taosist Monks after their master passed away, Wudan focuses on the sword and healing. However, it is known that their most deadliest martial arts doesn't involve the blade.

Shaolin:
The long standing rival of Wudan and the largest martial arts sect by far. Being not too far from Wudan, the two have never gone to war, byt rivallry between Taoist and Buddhist monks is intense.
Shaolin is known for it's non-weapon martial arts, and it's secret kung-fu run deeper than most.

Hua:
Mount Hua is the place for a martial arts competition every 25 years. The competition has existed way before any of the known sects formed. Hua Sect has risen over the past years, though its martial arts is not nearly as deep as some of the others.

..... dozens more to come

There will be folklore legends in this module each with unique abilities.
Explore the east and learn...

Avy
Old 12-16-2003, 07:16 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

What I really need is oriental buildings and bamboos instead of tress [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can't do the buildings and if those bamboos have to move (which I assume) I can't do them either.