Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-07-2001, 04:48 PM   #1
Draugr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone here answer a few questions on Might & Magic for me. Let me explain my situation. When W&W first came out I didn't buy it because I was told it was based on the older classics like Wizardry and Bards Tale. I assumed it was turn based and movement was similar to those classics. When I finally smartened up and bought W&W I saw it was real time and movement was fluid, like Everquest. Is any of the M&Ms like W&W when it comes to the movement and also when it comes to creature size? I like the fact that Dragons and giant creatures are alot bigger then a human or Stout. That makes the game more believable. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to W&W that has the same look and feel. Also, I prefer a game where you control one character. Controlloing 6 is too much. Currently, I'm playing W&W solo!
Draugr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The last 3 M&M games (6, 7, and 8) are a lot like W&W...however, you HAVE to have 4 characters in your group; nothing less. The movement and creature size, however, are similar. The graphics on 6 are horribly dated, less so on 7. Still, the enormity of the worlds make for great gameplay.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:01 PM   #3
BLKCat
The Magister

Hi Draugr! M&M can definitely be played with real-time combat. I am a turn-based person, so I used the "enter" key alot! But the system is really a real-time combat system, at least in the later ones (6,7 and 8). You can use a solo character is you desire... hmmmm, at least in 8 I know you can. I never did, but knew people who succeeded solo. In 6 and 7, you create a party of four. I can't remember if you have an option to only make as many as you want or not. Sorry, it's been a while! I think the M&M games do a good job on creature size also... maybe not completely accurate, but definitely more realistic than some games I've seen. Have you played the Diablo series per chance? It sounds as if you would enjoy it.

I hope this helps you somewhat!

BLKCat

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Draugr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. To answer about Diablo2. I bought it the Thursday it was released and beat it by Sunday night Spent all day Sat and Sun beating it. Anyhow, I liek the first person 3D look best and that is why Everquest is my favorite online CRPG. If someone would create a EQ look alike online game with all the intricacies of Ultima Onlines rules system and skills I'd be in heaven At least for now!
Old 06-07-2001, 05:07 PM   #5
Draugr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ohhh yea is any of those M&Ms multiplayer able?
Old 06-07-2001, 05:11 PM   #6
BLKCat
The Magister

I should have known Draugr, about Diablo that is! It just sounded like something you would like. I guess the expansion pack for Diablo 2 is due for release soon, around the end of the month I think.

Nope, no multiplayer. I understand M&M 9 will have multiplayer capability though! AND they are revamping the whole engine, going truly 3D I think. should be interesting!

BLKCat

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
Old 06-07-2001, 05:17 PM   #7
Draugr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just stumbled on a German site for M&M9. Looks like there is an editor also Dedit I think it was called. When is this game going to be released?
Old 06-07-2001, 05:22 PM   #8
BLKCat
The Magister

I am not sure Draugr. I haven't seen any guesstimates even. Probably not until next year, since it isn't on any of the lists yet. Sorry! I think you will want something else to play before then!

BLKCat

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #9
Virgil
Dungeon Master

Amazon.com lists a Legends of Might & Magic, coming out on June 18. They claim it is the first online and multi-player Might & Magic game. I don't think this is M&M9. I'm also not sure if there is a single player game, or just an adventuring world.

Might & Magic is my favorite RPG series of all. No offense to W&W, of course.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #10
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MM7 is very good and you get weather which is something that's missing from WW.
Some of the snow scapes are very good.

Merack is offline   Reply With Quote