Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-06-2001, 09:30 AM   #1
alxander1
Dungeon Master

I have posted questions about How to beat Fikraag and the Admantium Golem in the Windspear hills on this message board before and have tried all the strategies listed on this sight and in the reply's. Problem is either I am to low a level because I can not survive the battle with Fikraag and I can not Damage the Admantium Golem.

The Cloudkill approach did not work on either, both resisted the spell. The set traps around Fikraag did not spring whe he came to life. I do not have any +4 weapons yet, best is +3 bow and +3 mace. Wizard Eye got crushed too quick to help as did any summoned beings. Any magic resisance, dispel magic, miscast magic, remove magic spells I have cast to try and remove spell protections from either have no affect.

I am 9th level, is this just too low a level to actaully beat either of them ?

Help please, I am stuck trying to get past these two.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:42 AM   #2
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

mini-spoil
--
-
-
-
-
-
-

If you did Nalia's quest and fought for the keep. You should have a hammer +1 +4 againts giant kin. If you did Trade's meet quest there is the Tasheron bow that can do limited dammage on admantium golems.

The only other spell I know is a level 3 spell Minute Meteors that evenvtualy can kill the golem. It makes 1 to 2 of dammage per hit. For the drangon I would wait you get the option only to kill him later I would do so.
Old 04-06-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Yah, Firkraag is tough, he regularly kills my maxed level chars... just be prepared to save/reload, and have a warding whip or two ready...
Old 04-06-2001, 11:49 AM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

The 2nd time i beat him i set 4 special snares and 4 normal ones,and cast 'lower resistance' and he fell.dead.-must have been lucky.
The 3rd time i sent in animals one by one to use up his spells(drop armour on the ground by his feet so you know exactly where he is),then i drenched him in clodkill/stinking cloud(several),then he spotted us and we fought melee and he fell.
Im sure there must be a way.

------------------
"Readier than a red cheeked maiden my friend!"
Old 04-06-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
Hesperex

I think level 9 probably is to low to realy be killing Firkraag. I have never gotten to him at anything less thta level 11 and he ism't to difficult at level 11. As for admantine golems, I think you should be able to take one out easily enough, you realy need to cast haste on yur best fighters and surround it and just pummel it, but you do need +3 weapons, you should be able to get Lilacor and the Celestial Fury by now. You can also cast the 4th level wizard spell Enchanted Weapon, to bring into existance either a +3 long sword, short sword, axe or mace for any of your characters to use.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 04-06-2001).]

Old 04-06-2001, 03:43 PM   #6
demus
Manshoon

Adamantium golem is easy. Just use Azure Edge on it (got after the Copper Coronet Quest). As for Firkagg, do you have a fairly high level priest that can cast Harm. If so then use that to hurt him lots, then kill him with Magic missiles (it may take quite a few retries befor it works, but it deffinitely does work!)

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 04-06-2001, 08:30 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Azure Edge doesn't affect Adamantium Golems. It's only a +2 weapon. Any +3 weapon or more will hurt it. Have you got an Enchant Weapons spell? My sorceror had it and gave the entire party +3 weapons
Bear in mind you can get past it invisibly and come back when you're more powerful.
I also think Lvl 9 is too low a level for Firkraag (or any dragon come to that)

Old 04-07-2001, 03:47 AM   #8
Rikard

There are two bow who are +3 or +4
try them

Use ranged weapons as big ol'adamation is TOO Big
He cannot leave his cage hehe

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-09-2001, 11:58 AM   #9
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Azure Edge doesn't affect Adamantium Golems. It's only a +2 weapon. Any +3 weapon or more will hurt it.
I DID use azuredge on the ademantium golem, and though it took a while before the golem finally laid down and died, he most certainly did. My character had Ademantium Golem written in his Most Powerful Opponent Vanquished box for tendays!

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 04-09-2001, 02:12 PM   #10
Lord Shield

Strange. Maybe I have a bug because it never worked for me.