Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-12-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Bristowe
Elminster

Hey...a thief with the use any item abilty...can he/she use and get a familiar like a mage can? I've never thought of this before and i've like played BG2 a lot....
Old 05-12-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bristowe:
Hey...a thief with the use any item abilty...can he/she use and get a familiar like a mage can? I've never thought of this before and i've like played BG2 a lot....
No, becuase then he have to know the spell 'Find Familiar'... But he can atleast use every item! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 01:48 PM   #3
Bristowe
Elminster

But can't you cast 'Find Familiar' with the use any item ability from the scroll and then get the familiar?? I think i'll try that...
Old 05-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
Helspanth
Quintesson

Since with the use any item ability a thief is allowed to use scrolls then I don't see why you couldn't use the find familiar scroll!
Old 05-13-2002, 09:37 PM   #5
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Yes you can I used the scroll with my assassin and ended up with a rabbit familiar, a bit pointless really as all it offered was thief skills which my thief out classed it in (The bonus Hp helped though)
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
masteraleph
Elminster

Yeah the HP do help out...especially for a fighting theif, like an assassin or (especially) swashbuckler, then the extra HP can be really nice to have.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:28 AM   #7
Melle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But does their ability to wear any armor let them use thief abilities while wearing any armor?