Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #1
wormz
Welcomed New User

What can I do to beat this beast? It's been 2 days and I am stuck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
wormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Gabrial Angelfire
Dungeon Master

If you find all the documents around the level, they give you clues on how to defeat him, certain spells do damage to each specific form that the demon takes on, I didnt use much magic but just rushed in loaded with spell protections and pummled the crap out of him, and id switch to appropriate weapons that dealt the kind of magic damage that would harm his current form.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
andy the assasin
Manshoon

use power word stun on him and then you have a lot of time to just try everything on him. Thats what i did
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:30 PM   #4
Kikakee
Dungeon Master

I made him follow Minsc into the poison room, then closed the door on him. He takes a lot of damage, then keels over, no muss, no fuss!
Kikakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Wow! Way to cheese and use the lack of noticable AI in the game. I only used cheese anywhere near that bad on my first solo (Swashbuckler/mage armed with Staff of Wizardry... Golems got 1 hit, then invisible... 1 hit, then invisible... lol, toss in fireballs and the like at will to spice things up! This is a newbs way of winning though).

I just sat by and watched those 2 and 3 damages pile up... oh, try to get FOTA+5 if possible, or any other form of it. Good chance of doing extra damage.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:46 PM   #6
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I managed to kill him before he had chance to do anything here is my strategy:

All you need is a thief with a high set traps ability. Set as many snares are possible infront of the cage he is trapped in (Rest if you run out of snares as they will still be there when you have rested).
Once you can set no more wait until he is in his ice form and then release him. As soon as he turns hostile the he will set off the traps and kill him self within seconds (They cause fire damage).

Hope this helps.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #7
philc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I created a couple of heavy helpers [effreti I think] just in front of the cage before I let the bastard out.

Everybody had bows or crossbows and a range of arrows or bolts. While he was dealing with the effreti I just kept hitting him with whatever type of missile he was vulnerable to in his current form. I had to add an extra summoned monster once when one of the effreti died.
philc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I wait 'till he turned into his ice version and toasted him with my wand of wonders.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:59 AM   #9
Nutter1st
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just surronded him with my party and attacked, it seemed to work, killed him on the first attempt, although Anomen died
Nutter1st is offline   Reply With Quote