Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-25-2002, 08:10 AM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Why ? What can happen ? The worst thing that can happen is that she gets pissed off, and if that's the case you know you did the right thing.
Iīm with johnny. If this girl asks you out whatīs the harm of saying no? Going out with her if you donīt like her is not nice at all. You donīt have to tell her "I donīt find you attractive" or something, all you have to say is "Sorry, but Iīm not interested".

[ 10-25-2002, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 10-25-2002, 08:13 AM   #12
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

If you arent intrested then dont say anything.As long as you can claim ignorance you are off the hook. How can she rightfuly get angry with you if she hasnt told you how she feels? Trust me , saying nothing is A LOT less hurtfull then going up to someone and saying you arent intrested BEFORE they even make a move on you.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:38 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Mcveigh:
now first thing, i'm still in highschool, and i just came back from a dance. the thing was awesome, but one problem... my friend came by and told me that one of the girls wanted to go out with me, but i wasn't really attracted to her... so i'm ashamed to say, i just sort of avoided her for the dance.

the question.. what is the nice thing to say? if a girl wants to go out, but you don't, what can i say that won't make her sad, or mad, or whatever?
Well, if she never asks, she'll never know that you don't like her. It's up to her in that case.

If she DOES ask, then I'd suggest you just tell her the truth - honestly and politely - that you like her as a friend but that's as far as your feelings go. If you say it with politeness and courtesy, you might even be able to maintain a friendship with her (depending on her, of course).

IMO, honesty, politeness and courtesy go a long way. Much better than leading someone on or hiding from them.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Definitely wait til she says something to you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Who knows, she may change her mind about you. [img]smile.gif[/img] But if she doesn't, I agree with those who say you should tell her you like being friends but that's all. Do it nicely and see what happens. That's the best way to deal with it. Preferably not in public, so she won't feel rejected any more than she has to.