Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-24-2001, 04:22 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sunnyvile is a place of friends, rejoice and laughters. Great stories of adventure and intimacy love tales are told while some of the best mead are served around the bar room. The place is carefully kept, as clean as possible, despit there are constantly drunk patrons.

The bar owner sits in his own room, taking a break from last night busy work. Two young barmaids are chatting quietly near the bar table, occasionally slip couple girlish gigles. As you walk in, you see a sign hanging up on the wall to your left hand:

Welcome to Sunnyvile

We offer you:

Winter Mead: Control anger, delay is the key
Fire Mead: This will kill ya
Elven Mead: We can all live in peace
Ziroish Ale: Meow
One-hit-Ale: Special offer!
and: all other beverages

and numerous signs hanging on your right hand, a quickglancing showed:

"Humor is in the belly of the laughters"

--------------------------------------------Yorick the Wanderer

Wine has drowned more men than the sea.

Several tables are occupied, but many are empty. The far right corner sits a man dressed in full plate. Neatly decorated, the plate shins on its own. The human is at about his mid forties, black-grey mixed long beard shows proudly under his chin. His helmet is removed, on his left hand side, right hand holding a cup of mead, drinking by himself. A giant sword lean next to him, within his grasp's range. There is a symbol of flying Osprey Eagle on the hilt, indicating this man is a member of the Crown Guard.

A dwarf's scream caught you attention: "ye darn fooled orc-brainer!" To which his halfling companion poked the dwarf's arm indicating that his volumn had disturbed the others in the room, the dwarf slam his mead against the table once, grunted then resumed a low whisper conversation with the halfling. The halfling eyed you with more than passing interest for a while, then turned back to the dwarf.

A poorly dressed little sat by herself, sobbing.

OOC:
the inn is built in the Goriffen Dale (GD for short), in the land of Imperial West (IW for short ) based on Forgotten Realm, everyone is welcome to participate to design the plot and move the story. I volunteer to serve as DM (not much experience, but a start nontheless) I will be fair and fun but don't start spamming and flaming. Lame posts will be removed (Moderators please help here ) no discussions here, all posts must be made in character. You can use OOC or **blah blah blah**

Do NOT design moves for other player controled characters
good luck, we'll see how things work out!

Last thing
THINK before you post

don't make dumb posts, I'd appreciate it more if you are the players that want to adventure instead of CHIT CHAT!!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 05:02 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

(A Gnome dressed in Ninja outfit pokes her nose in)

No Gnome in here ? Oh, well.

(Takes a stool at a corner near the roaring fire)

I'd like some Gnomish wine, with some of these melting fairies in it !

(Dark look at the halfling) Grumble ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-24-2001, 05:06 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Rumor #1:

A vampire cult is discovered within Zephyre Woods. Merchants whispered under breath that they had seen the wild undead hunt down the living. Though no one knows who survived to tell the tale, the story needs no verification to wildly spread

Information source: The Merchant's Guild

Rumor #2:

A strange Wind blow from the west entrance of Goriffen Dale, destroyed several buildings on its way, and torn down the Statue of Imperial Empiorer, several unfortunate citizens who got caught in the hurrican were killed brutally. The wind was said to be the spirit of a dead dragon who came back to raid the human civilization.

Information source: unknown

Rumor #3:

Witch's Eyes, within the Mud Valey 1 day travel north of Goriffen Dale. Unusual dark creatures were found looming the land. Actual reports were verified from the local druids and rangers. They are still searching the source of evil

Information source: Horkolia Bearpaw, can be found at cabin near the entrance of Mud Valey

Rumor #4:

Might and Strength, the Royal Garden of the Imperial Land, located near the Imperial Court within the Goriffen Dale, was haunted by evil. Prince Alen disappeared after mid night when the first haunting began. The search still continues, Palace mages were looking for help. Prophecy screaming the end of the empier, martial law is expected within days

Information source: local bars

Rumor #5:

Street wars came to halt. After years of battles waging between the Crown Guard and the Nightstalkers, the west sector of the Goriffen Dale was reclaimed after the death of Nightstalkers' ex-leader. A new leader changed the ways of Nightstalkers, the thief guild is going underground operation.

Rumor #6:

Three red robe mages were sighted outside the city wall. Palace mages went to investigate, but returned with nothing.

Old 10-24-2001, 05:12 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Some tired looking little character comes into the bar with a cloack big enough for a fire giant.
Looks around and sees another off his fellows sitting in the corner by the roaring fire and pulls up a chair.
"How nice to see another gnome in here."
Looks at barmaid and says "Hey, can we have some drinks over here. And don't start with the turnip jokes again. I have had enough of them from my cousin to last me twenty lifetimes.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

[This message has been edited by JR Jansen (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 05:14 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

:: One of the barmaid, Julia, throw a beautiful smile at the cute gnome who dresses in such a funny outfit. The gnome looked obviously out of place. Julia walked over, bend near the gnome's face and said:" sure dear, do enjoy yourself, but we don't have faeries here"

:: Julia gigles ::

:: Julia poured a cup of gnomish ale for the little female gnome, then went back to her friend ::

Old 10-24-2001, 05:17 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

:: Just when Julia was about to leave, she was startled by the sudden voice of the new gnome. Julia jumped with surprise, then a vibrating laughter came out ::

"Oh, my, another little friend, you scared me"

:: Julia walked to the new gnome and poured another cup ::

"Gnomish ale will do?"

Old 10-24-2001, 05:18 AM   #7
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
[B]Some tired looking little character comes into the bar with a cloack big enough for a fire giant.
Looks around and sees another off his fellows sitting in the corner by the roaring fire and pulls up a chair.
"How nice to see another gnome in here."
Looks at barmaid and says "Hey, can we have some drinks over here. And don't start with the turnip jokes again. I have had enough of them from my cousin to last me twenty lifetimes.

JR

[B]
No problem, Julia, I always keep some of them fairies in my pocket.

Hullo neighbour ! Nice wind indeed bringing here a cousin.

Oh, yeah, and no Gnome-throwing in here, I hope - or we'll have to show them how good we are at Knight-stomping.

Want a melting fairy ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 05:23 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The door opens and a man, completly dressed in black enters the bar.
His black cloak is pulled over his head making it impossible to see his face.
A cold wind blows through the building and he quickly closes the door and takes a stool in the far corner of the room.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-24-2001, 05:23 AM   #9
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

That fairy sounds good, crunch, crunch.

'Takes sip from his newly aquired mug full of jummy ale'

Say, anybody went to the paladin-tripping contest we had a while back. I admit to have never seen one of those dudes fall so hard when that one guy hit that rock. Wanna see it ? I still have it. Kept it as a momento. Still has the imprint of the guys surprised face in it.

JR

Old 10-24-2001, 05:29 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

the dwarf and the hafling were obviously disturbed by the two gnomes who were chit chatting so close to them. The dwarf, dressed in chainmail, red beard, with a scar cross his forehead, slammed his mug hard on the table. The halfling nearly jumped on his feet.

Half turned, the dwarf shouted to the gnomes:" Shut yer bone holes, me'z tryin to talk here!" None of the patrons bothered to look up, obviously they either fear or are used to the volcanic tempered dwarf. Someone in the back threw in:" take it easy, Master Vangard"

"Shut ye mouth too, pursecutter, if ye be wantin ye teeth to chew yer meal" The dwarf snarled

The hafling resorted to a helpless sigh, and noded apologizely to Julia and two gnomes.