Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 03:43 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

She is a very interesting NPC, but its a shame her bio reveals so little about her background. Do you learn more about her during the game?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

As far as I know you never do find out what her story is beyond what the bio says. But with most of the NPCs in BG1 that is the case. She would have been an interesting character to develop in BG2, I think.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:39 PM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Mild Spoiler
If you have her in your party towards the end you might get arrested and taken to the Flaming Fist headquarters (due to the whole Sarevok business... you know... him being made duke). If you do they will release you as the commander is her Father or something like that. I suppose that could count as background info. It doesn't really explain much but they let you go and the commander explains why, and tells you not to get into too much trouble.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 06:17 AM   #4
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

She is pretty interesting. Aside from the thing with her father, you don't get a lot of info. One interesting thing is how she and Safana are so opposite, yet so similar.

Both of them have this unhealthy obsession with men. One hates them, the other finds her worth in them. Shar-teel is brazen in her actions as a warrior; Safana is cunning in her life as a thief. They are almost like sisters who took different routes in dealing with the same underlying issues, it seems to me.

Has anyone ever had them together in a party? I'd be curious to see if there is any interaction programmed.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:55 PM   #5
Panther007
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When i take Shar-Teel to my party my rep. remained 20. I thought that when she is evil aligned she will leave, but she was with me for a couple of days now. Is that OK?
\"I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now.\" His sudden smile was cruel. \"I fear Shai\'tan\'s healing is different from the sort you know. <br />Be healed, Lews Therin!\"
Panther007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 05:08 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

If she doesn't leave, just keep rockin on!!!

She might, she might not!! Kill a peasant or two!
Old 02-09-2002, 09:50 AM   #7
Mr-Creed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree that she is indeed an interesting character but I dont think shes very practical. IIRC she has a Con of 9 which is both laughable and unforgivable for a fighter. Last I played an evil party with her and Kaigan, she would be heading for the nearest priest whilst Kaigen took down virtual armies. She is weak.
Its pretty ironic really that she criticises men for their weakness and yet she's the one who always leaves the battle prematurely. Hypocrite!
Mr-Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 01:25 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Your theif and your mage must be pretty strong then, cos in some battles, mine need to "stand aside" as they take a bit of a beating!

What theif and mage do you use?

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Old 02-09-2002, 04:28 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Where precisely can one find Shar-teel? I've heard of her, but never found her.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:42 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

I cudn't say for sure.....I always get her and Viciona mixed up....and I don't know where which one is.....she could be on the Pelvdale wood screen....Or is it that Vic?