Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-08-2001, 07:57 AM   #1
Kitty
Manshoon

Hi folks,
Is ToB worth buying? I'm just curious to see what happens in this sequel after you defeated Jon Irenicus.
Unfortunately, ToB isn't available in Brazil yet. I hope it comes soon, unlike Tales of Sword Coast that has never been released here .
And another question: Why do Aerie and Jan get fatigued more frequently than the other NPC's? And no, I didn't cast haste or restoration spells on them. I just noticed they get tired before 24 hours without resting; I really like them, but sometimes having to rest when the rest of the party is not tired is rather annoying. Sometimes I wonder if I could tell them, "If i knew you suffer from congestive heart failure, I'd leave you in Athkatla where you belong".

Any help will be much appreciated.
Kitty
Old 09-08-2001, 08:05 AM   #2
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Even if you're still playing through SoA it's well worth getting as it will increase the maximum amount of EXP points you are able to attain. Plus you will be able to visit the massive dungeon The Watchers Keep straight away if you desire.

The new spells available include some truly awesome 10th level spells for mages (such as Comet) and quest level spells for priests (such as Storm of Vengeance). There are also powerful foes to test your mettle against, including several Dragons. In some cases it's not the quality of your foes that's staggering, but the quantity (you have to fight a small army at some points in the game ). The only new kit is the Wild Mage, who uses wild magic to create some very interesting (and often hilarious) effects.

ToB also concludes the Bhaal-Spawn saga, and any romances you might be indulging in. Overall - a very worthy purchase!

To answer your other question: Fatigue is based on constitution. Aerie and Jan (I'm assuming) both have fairly low constitution, so they will get tired quicker then the rest of your party.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 09-08-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

You're right their CON is low and after long journeys (which takes several hours) they become fatigue. (or it's a excuse for Aerie to sleep with you ehehe) If you use girdle of fortifucation they won't fatigue after voyage. I cant really remember where was it but its a use per day item. YOu can use it 8 times per day

Also as I heard ToB sounds very interesting and it removes the xp cap. After I completed SoA, I'll buy it too. Also It adds TAB function to game. WHen you push TAB pickable items light (like in diablo)
Old 09-08-2001, 08:43 AM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

When will ToB be released in Brazil Kitty? I would have thought it would be everywhere by now!
Old 09-08-2001, 08:51 AM   #5
Kitty
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
When will ToB be released in Brazil Kitty? I would have thought it would be everywhere by now!
I really don't know when, all I know is that every computer store I come across and ask for ToB, the answer is the same: no, mistress, it's not available. And I don't live in a small city! The same fate happened to Tales of the Sword Coast!
I think it's because there aren't RPG fans in Brazil as there are action games fans. Talking with some vendors, I found out they don't obtain good profits by selling RPGs.

Old 09-08-2001, 10:13 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well that sucks, ToB is an outstanding expansion. You need it mailed to you from here?