Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

What is your opinion about how old the NPCs in BG2 are? Who do you consider to be oldest, who youngest? The only one I was not able to guess was Cernd. He could be 30-45 years old. The youngest NPC in the game may be Nalia(around 20), which would explain her whiney behaviour. You know, girls of that age tend to that...

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 06-07-2001, 04:42 PM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

According to offcial relse your p.c & imoen are 20 years old, sarevok is too i think.

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 04:44 PM   #3
koz-ivan
Manshoon

korgan, viconia & aerie -> oldest (long lived races) won't hazard a guess.
jaheria, haredalis not quite as old
edwin is prob the oldest human, possibly keldorn.
anomen, yoshimo, imoen, pc
nalia being the youngest.

that's my best guess

Old 06-07-2001, 04:44 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

What??? Don't mind if I take exception to that statement (j/k)
OK this 21-years old gal (LOL) thinks that Keldorn is oldest and Aerie probably youngest. Yes, I know that she's an Avariel and thus probably among the older NPC in the game, but I am simply translating to human ages...
I think you're right that Nalia is in her twenites, and so would Aerie be. Viconia must be nearing thirty and Jaheira could be 35. Jan is pretty ageless, but in human years I'd give him some 50 years. Cernd is indeed difficult, 30-40-ish sounds about right. Haer'Delis is in his twenties as well, Yoshimo in his thirties, as well as Edwin (who could easily be forty BTW). Korgan due to the beard looks 60-ish to me, and Anomen looks (like shit)...erm how'd that slip in...I meant looks in his late twenties early thirties

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-07-2001, 04:49 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Why don't you post your estimated ages here? I'm sure most people find it a lot easier to adjust your ideas than to look at every NPC themselves ( BTW, that includes me )

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-07-2001, 04:55 PM   #6
Dramnek_Ulk

Keldorn looks about 50 which is probably why his dex & strength are low. Cernd could be 30+ as druids age VERY slowly.

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Its kind of ridiculus isnt it our Player charecters are going to be level 40 mages at say 20-21 while it took the grand high Munchkin with a beard what 800 years to get to level 29(oh no i mocked him now greenwoods assasins will hunt me down and kill me)ah ha so much for the dirty old man

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 09:55 AM   #8
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Its kind of ridiculus isnt it our Player charecters are going to be level 40 mages at say 20-21 while it took the grand high Munchkin with a beard what 800 years to get to level 29(oh no i mocked him now greenwoods assasins will hunt me down and kill me)ah ha so much for the dirty old man

But pc is a child of god

------------------

Barbucha - a bear's bugaboo

[This message has been edited by Barbucha (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 10:07 AM   #9
Leagle
Manshoon

Keldorn is 40.
You are 21, it is the year after Baldur's gate.
Aerie is quite young as well, she can't have been with the circus that long, and the way she talks of her parents telling her not to get involved with the land or whatever she was no where near being an adult when she was captured.
Imoen is 20 or 21. It is fact that you are slightly older.
Viconia is an elf adult (I think), but she is still very young. We know this from the first game. (Around 100-120?)
Cernd is around 30-36.
Jan is more than 50, he worked for Golodan the Unmanned before Dradeel killed him.
Sarevok is no older than 25. I beleive he is a couple of years older than the protagonist. We can safely say that we have accelerated learning, (exept for you fools who put less than 9 for intel.)

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 10:09 AM   #10
Leagle
Manshoon

Minsc is about the same age, maybe a bit older, than sarevok, Cernd is not yet 40, but must be older than 30. He is a druid, so hair is not a good marker.

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-08-2001).]