Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 02:08 PM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok. I'm starting my 3 1/2 game, and am trying to decide on a party. I'm trying to do it with only 4 party members. Below are my thoughts and concerns:

-I am playing a lawful good monk.
-I must have Minsc in my party otherwise its not really BG as far as I'm concerned.
-I never picked up Jaheira. I'm sick of her. I know she's good, but I don't want her this game.
-I hope to play as true to alignment as possible (no Viconia or Edwin, my next game will be evilish).
-I never had a romance develop in my other games and would like to experience this thread, which I think means hello Aerie.
-Jan Jansen could take care of my need for a thief and a mage in one swell foop, but I don't believe he has sufficient magic protection removal spells (i.e. breach, etc) to get me very far.
- Nalia is useless as a thief in BG II. are potions of master thievery enough to get her by.
-Anomen's fairly kick-ass in my book, but if I take Aerie, I really don't need him.
-In this game, I will be doing the critical path ASAP.
-Keldorn's probably not happening. I don't need another tank fighter.

Any thoughts people could offer would be appreciated, especially from our ever helpful friends down under (A & M).
Old 12-04-2000, 08:37 PM   #2
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

My only comment is doing the critical path first makes all the side quests way more challenging as the monsters are bigger and badder because you are to.
Good luck!
Old 12-04-2000, 08:55 PM   #3
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

never mind question, since i'm doing critical path i'll have imoen soon. solves thief/mage problem.
Old 12-05-2000, 01:06 AM   #4
Sebastian_Kell

To ease your thieving difficulty to get imoen make sure you take Yoshi and since he's a traitor it maintains your 4 member party when you did get her.

unfortunately your party is going to be very suceptable to physical damage if you with to maintain your mage spells, hope you get some elven mail in a hurray at least Aerie will be protected.

hope it works out for you.