Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

i'm stumped at the cemetery. yeah. this soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
after entering the front doors, slipping thru the sliding second door we now find the 3rd door won't open.

the first is activated by the lion statue. no problems there.
the second one at the base of the stairs slides open as we approach it. cool!
but walking across the hall to the third door, which is just like the second one, it won't budge. it doesn't slide open like the 2nd and there's absolutely nothing around to press, to make it open. well, there's a torch, but it's totally not frobbable. i'm pretty well lit, so i don't think i'm missing any hidden levers.

i've been banging my head on this one.

thinking it may be the patch, i saved my gamestate, reinstalled without the patch but no change. everything's still the same. so i'm lead to believe it must be something i'm doing/not doing.

does anyone have any suggestions? if it makes any difference, my group is all Level 3 and i do have the rat pie to talk to Bilbout Lumpkin's brother.
hehe, i'm not great with names, if you haven't noticed.

running XP
D3D mode 1024x768
tried it patched and unpatched
problem remains in both states

any and all advice is welcomed!

V***V
Old 04-12-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

oh yeah...
i have the both temple quests regarding the crypt plus the one to find the caretaker and give him a ratty pie.

i guess i'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again, but it's looking like i'll just haveta shelve the game.
*instead of being disappointed, looks around for Wizardry 8 to replay that*

V***V
Old 04-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, vesselle!!!

After you go through the second door - check the wall on your left. You'll find a lever. Flip that and the next door will open.

Having learned that - you'll find it useful information throughout the rest of the game! Look for the levers!
Sometimes they are hard to spot, but you'll get better and better at noticing them!
Have fun and let us know how your game it going!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:38 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wheeeeeeee!!!!! That right there is challenge number one, and the most frequently asked question in all of W&W: How do I get inside this !#$%@!#$% crypt?

It's also one of the reasons people come looking for this board [img]smile.gif[/img]

That lever is well-hidden in plain sight, but once you've seen it, you'll recognize it when you see it again in other dungeons. And you will....

You'll find that and other things covered in the Best Tips thread. Our forum mistress Wyvern has so kindly put an index post in the front of that thread which tells you what hints are on what pages, in case you don't want to spoil yourself too much.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

omg! *slaps her particularly bruised forehead*
how could i've forgotten that? those darned levers are everywhere in all the dungeons.
well, that'll teach the Blonde Brigade to wander around inside ookey crypts and forget to light their torches!

V***V
Old 04-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Heh heh heh... we all have moments like that.

My favorite is when I forget that the last spell I cast was a *storm spell, and I start attacking something... everything's fine until the spellcaster comes up, and then the whole world starts falling apart [img]smile.gif[/img]

Did that just last night, with an icestorm spell. I didn't know I could run that fast backwards
-+-+-+
Old 04-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

hehehe. i've done that too!
it's not too bad when yer last spell was "slow", it's a little worse when yer priestess heals the baddies, but it's definitely bad when your area effect spells crash down on top of you. however, i usually get so flustered that instead of running backwards, i find i'm pushing my girls headlong into the eye of the storm!
it's so hard to put them back together again after doing something silly like that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] at least they're forgiving blondes.

V***V
Old 04-15-2004, 11:08 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... do they have the goldfish memory thing going, where they only have about two seconds of memory? So if they're hungry, they've always been hungry? And if they're happy, they've always been happy? And if they're being hammered by meteors coming down from the sky... [img]smile.gif[/img]

MMmmmmmm... gotta get some more gaming in tonight. I feel some tree-surfing in the air.
-+-+-+
Old 04-16-2004, 01:43 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmmm... do they have the goldfish memory thing going
if only they had that much, bungleau. if only!
*daydreams about it*
wow! i'd be the proudest party leader ever!

V***V