Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2004, 08:41 AM   #1
Vampire

I think a great deal of the general public suffers this. And they hail their wonderfully clever troll leader as Michael Moore, who coincidentally wants to get nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards

If someone badger (yes he is a badger and I have just insulted a lovely animal) gets nominated for the WORST film/documentary on commen sense in life.....

I will never watch TV again!

His wonderfully perceptive quote:

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California -- these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"

What in the heavens are you talking about?

The attack was planned way before the Bush administration, and much more before Bush even did anything.

Compulsive, blame everything on Bush and Blaire.

I think people sometimes forget that these 2 people has up held your country's economy, welfare and your future interests more than many.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

What in the heavens are you talking about?

Who in the heavens are you talking to?

Quote:

The attack was planned way before the Bush administration, and much more before Bush even did anything.

'before Bush did anything' meaning what exactly? What did Bush do? And how do you know when the attack was planned?

Quote:

I agree. But scapegoatism has been part of the power game ever since stick-wielding, two-legged apes started talking to each other.

Quote:

I think people sometimes forget that these 2 people has up held your country's economy, welfare and your future interests more than many.

OK, I make as many subconscious generalisations as the next man, but again I'm going to ask you to elaborate on this statement.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ohhh boy, this should get interseting.
My thoughts....Well...what he /\ said
I agree, people are always find something bad in their leaded, its inmpossible to keep millions of people happy, and do so for many years.
I do like Michael Moore's stuff, but I do not agree with alot of it..

I just think people should take a day and look at all the good things that they have done.
Its like when you are a kid, if you break something, your parents notice and you get in trouble, but if you do a few good things, such as cleaning up, you dont get praised from it, it is usually ignored...Ok that wasnt the best example, but you know what I mean...
Old 09-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

If someone badger (yes he is a badger and I have just insulted a lovely animal) gets nominated for the WORST film/documentary on commen sense in life.....

What on earth does this mean?

And although I detest the man I do think it only right that you spell the PM's name correctly.

Has Gordon Brown had anything to do with the success of the economy?

Just how do you know so much about the planning of 9/11?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California -- these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"

Maybe you should read the quote again, a little more slowly perhaps this time.
The quoted person (I'm assuming it's Moore, but your post is sort of rambly) is NOT AT ALL saying that Bush is to blame for the attack (again, on the assumption that this is about 9/11). He is saying that IF anyone wanted to get at Bush, killing people who may not even have voted for him is not the right way to do it. So he's blaming the terrorists for using the wrong tactics, not blaming Bush for whatever you thought he was blaming him for.

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea. Lose the anglocentric perspective - it's not MY country, or that of many other IW members.
(note for smartasses - not saying that the UK's and USA's policies, economies and politics have no bearing at all on my country)
Old 09-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

What I did notice is that nearly everyone is anti-Bush where I am but that they would vote (if they could they're Dutch) they'd vote for Kerry cause Bush sucks. Doesn't sound like very clever voting to me and I hope everyone thinks a bit more before voting and really think who'd be best.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
What I did notice is that nearly everyone is anti-Bush where I am but that they would vote (if they could they're Dutch) they'd vote for Kerry cause Bush sucks. Doesn't sound like very clever voting to me and I hope everyone thinks a bit more before voting and really think who'd be best.
In english we would call this "double dutch"!

(Sorry mate!!!)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #8
quietman1920

Quote:
I think a great deal of the general public suffers this.
Cast 2 votes and call me in December....
Old 09-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Heh, I love how most of the people who get most riled up are on the other side of the world!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] And, believe it or not, the American people often look at a man's (no women presidents, yet) character, when voting. Most will say, "he's an idiot," but other's will say he's a good ol' country boy, with an honest demeanor! Everyone seems to think he will lose by a landslide, but I very much doubt that.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:39 AM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Ya'll don't spend much time in the Current Events Forums do you? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]