Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 06:52 AM   #11
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I agree with animal. Lots of booze, plenty of books, Load some old games on the laptop (surley it can run BG2)

You could even download a software emulator and play some old NES games or something else.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:38 AM   #12
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Let's see....reading material - check.

Alcohol...almost check.

Playstation games...depends on the type of games you like to play. You can get anything from Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy types to Spyro games (which I was HOOKED on, LOL!). There are funny racing games where you don't have to memorize key combos much. One I really found amusing was the Looney Tunes Racing. Otherwise, check out this site for any games you might be interested in:

http://www.davidsclazzic.com/GAMELIST/playstat.htm

From that list, you can google a review of any game that catches your eye to see if you want to try it. [img]smile.gif[/img] And if it's a PS2, let me know...I can recommend some REALLY good games for the newer system.

Now...as to internet connection...why can you not install the ISP you are using on your home computer to the laptop? My mother has done that. As long as you are paying their monthly fee, you can install the programming to *any* computer and use it anywhere. Well, if it's stuff like MSN, AOL, Earthlink (which I use), etc. All you have to do is make sure that when you choose your dial-up number from the place you are staying, you choose a number that is local to that area. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Eeerm...lots of sleepingpills ?

Dunno really, i always brought a ball with me so i could play some footie, if the beach is too crowded you can play in the water. Of course you need a few others to join you, playing alone sucks. But mostly it's just laying down on your back, getting a tan, what else can you do at a beach ? Are there any beachclubs in that area ?
Old 08-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

I was meant to tell ya this in PM, but I forgot to add it on the end!

To have a perfect vacation, fly me out over there, and I'll come with you! Meet the family and stuff

Aside from that, on a nice relaxation holiday with the family, I like books, plenty of alcohol, and a football. Oh, and the laptop!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Animal. 168 eh? Wow LOL. Sheesh I wonder if I can actually do that? We'll see!

Thanks Attalus, wish you could get a vacation too, anytime in the future do you think you'll get one finally?

Sagerider, wow thanks, a unique idea re the mystery book, something I definitely would not have ever thought of myself. As for the metal detetector, I don't have one, and don't even know where you'd get one, or how much it would be, so. I am going to collect some more colorful small shells though, I have a glass vase I need to finish filling up. I even made a small quarter sized dark purple shell into a necklace pendant last time I went two years ago, it had this perfect little hole right at the rim of it (is mostly circular in shape). [img]smile.gif[/img]

TDC, actually I think BG2 might already be loaded on it. But ugg. I've played it SP years ago, and have been in a very slow, sporadic, multi-play of it, with TOB, for 3 frikken years now LOL. So I'm just thinking something smaller. I mean, with the Playstation there, I will have another game outlet so to speak, although again I need to get something easy on the controller buttons LOL. Plus there is satellite TV in all the bedrooms and a few other rooms, so I guess if I get bored I can just go watch TV in the bedroom, hopefully the Satellite connection is a good one, I've never had satellite anything before, so wonder.

Thanks Lady Sedai, yeah if I put some game on the laptop to play, I'd rather it be something that is not too "involved" if that makes sense, something you can just play for a bit, and shut off whenever, without the "oh crap wait! I can't go to the beach yet because I'm in a non-save part in the game, have to finish the battle, it is IMPERATIVE!!" (heh, I say that cause I've been there LOL). I'll check out your link and see what looks interesting.

You know, it's amazing how much that laptop cost 5 years ago, and now it is so useless in many ways. Oh, and another thing re playing games on laptops, is you have to sit in a sun-free room, and have the screen tilted at just the right angle, or you don't see shite. Again, with the laptop, I'd just like to do as I did last time, in the early evenings just take it to the bedroom, sit on the bed and prop it with one of my hardback books, plug into the net, and just post for a half hour or so how things are going. LOL, it's like IWs is full of all my "invisible friends" (like some had when we were weirdo children, oh.. I've said too much, *cough*). Kinda like sending out postcards when you are on vacation, but mine are online. I'll be frustrated if I am not able to do it. I dunno, the more and more I think about it the more I dunno re trying to load any game on that old ass laptop. It does have a DVD player in it, I remember we watched Fight Club on it last time (weird ass movie btw LOL) during one of many pouring rainy vacation days there. Had to position it just right though to see the screen sitting 5 feet away from it.

Oh, and I don't understand what you mean re the ISP thing Lady Sedai. I'm smart in certain areas, and completely ignorant in others. I have cable myself here at home, so I cannot see being able to use it at the beach. My work uses dialup, but the beach is in N.C. and my work is in VA? I dunno, I just thought one of those trial things may be the best idea instead. And again, I may not even have to do anything, somebody else may have a laptop set up that I can use, I just would kinda like to have my own and not have to "beg" for online time LOL, it's kinda humiliating LOL.

Johnny, sleeping pills LOL? That's not fun! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] What exactly is footie (excuse my ignorance)? I'm sure the beach will NOT be crowded, it is in the boonies, forgotten lands, middle of nowhere, with beach.. Beachclubs? buuhhuuwaahahaha! no... No nothing. Although I did see a Bingo sign at the firehouse, which is nearby. Oh fun!! I doubt it will be open, they wouldn't want me there, all drunk, bored... Bingo would never be the same again.

Lavindathar - LOL! Oh you'd be great to have along, plenty of extra rooms too! I'm not much into football, but there is a dartboard there, but I'm all up in arms over here, cannot find my darts. I swear for years I have stumbled over my dart case. Now, when I actually can use them somewhere again, where are they? Nowhere to be found! Tomorrow I'm attacking this one big closet with very deep shelves, it's gotta be in there, although I've already picked about in there for ages and nothing, but I feel I need to do more LOL. I spent $40 on those darts dammit!

Vacation is supposed to be a relaxing time, but it sure isn't for me right now, maybe later when we get there, God willing, I worry about the truck, will it make it that far? Will it break down? OK I need to just stop now before I make a 50 Ways My Vacation Could Suck list. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-21-2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #16
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Ahhh...did not realize you had cable at home. Or rather, I forgot you had it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So yeah...the AOL free trial disk is probably the way to go.

Just make SURE when you get home you call them and tell them you didn't like their service and want to discontinue or they'll start charging you. I had that happen to me and had to go through a hassle to get them to bugger off.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #17
Ladyzekke

Yeah that is what I heard from someone else too! That when you try to end it after the trial, they just keep billing you as if you never ended it. I wonder if Juno has one. LOL, my best friend uses Juno, she loves it, but I always laugh at her about it LOL. Then she talks about her two brand new SUVs and I stop laughing and kinda go "heh". [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-21-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI sis! I answered this over at the Oasis, but yup, take paper and pen to write a poem or two or a letter or just jot down some impressions of the place and maybe compose with the scenery for inspiration!

Oh and there's always HANGAROO! teehee...that sucks me in every time and I think you can even download it to play on your pc/laptop if I'm not mistaken. It's only fair you get hooked playing it for hours, since you're the one who showed me where to find it! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!...it is addictive... LOL

But I agree with the puzzles and stuff, just something to do and you can always do them as a group where everyone tries to figure out the clues.

And believe it or not, an actual jigsaw puzzle might help you while away some evening hours. Find one with a really cool picture or something easy/tough depending on your mood.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #19
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

The puzzle is great! People don't realize how fun they are or how much they miss them until you put one out. You'll have lots of help with it and it is always there for the doing.

Try wizardry 8 a little old school but it gets you hooked.

take a bunch of large squirt guns the kids will love it so will the adults.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:14 PM   #20
Ladyzekke

LOL, umm CloudySis, it took me 100 years to beat Hangaroo, I was insulted by that bastaid probably a thousand times. I'm done with him LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I'm still fretting about my missing darts. But you know, I got to thinking... Who knows what kind of dart board will be there. There are three kinds of dart boards: The normal ones with the dart board made of horsehairs or whatever the fish they are made of, The kind where the dart board is plastic, with lots of little holes in it, and you have to get the dart in one of the holes (hate that kind!!!!!), Or, the worst kind, the magnetic dart board. No pointy darts, just these little darts with flat magnets on the ends. Heh, not very powerful magnets either, mostly they just hit and fall right the fish off of the dartboard. So I could be doing all this dart fretting when even if I found my darts the board would not be the original kind. I mean think about it, who wants to rent a fancy home and have people putting holes in the walls with their darts. They'd have to put a backing to the dartboard to protect the wall, and even then the wall might get damaged by some drunk fish aiming totally off. It sucks there are no specifics to the things in this house.

Nightwing, yeah puzzles are cool, I may load a few things on the laptop. I think Wizardry though is too complicated to try at the beach. And this is a NO KIDS vacation, although I did buy a few battery powered fish, and one turtle, to put in the pool. Mostly I just want to put the turtle one in, because it looks so real, and watch mother-in-law freak out about it. The fish ones look real too, but I think the turtle is more believable, i.e., it just wandered into the pool, what fish wanders in LOL? Yes, again, I'm looking for entertainment at ALL angles LOL [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-23-2004, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps