Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-19-2004, 12:20 PM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I don't mind the doping so long as there are thorough rounds of tests. Let the dopers self-select themselves out of the sport. As many dopers can *try* to get in as they like, so long as the systems in place prevent them from actually competing.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:37 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The stupid thing is the dopers are ignoring the reason drugs are banned. REALLY BAD SIDEEFFECTS. Exhibit a. Andre le Giant = dead.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-20-2004, 04:38 AM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
The stupid thing is the dopers are ignoring the reason drugs are banned. REALLY BAD SIDEEFFECTS. Exhibit a. Andre le Giant = dead.
And so is Florence Griffith.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:08 AM   #24
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I'm all for holding a drug olympics. If the knuckleheads that want to throw stimulents inside themselves to "be the best that they can be" I say let them so long as the genuine atheletes aren't disadvantaged by having to compete against them.
Never gonna happen 'cause there'd still be the ***kwits that would try and cheat the honest atheletes and the whole moral thing about it but still... perfect world and all that

side note: I thought the ancient olympics were cancelled due to the christians deeming them paganistic and unchristianlike, not due to corruption and cheating. Could be wrong though, I'm no history buff [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 06:14 PM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I'm all for holding a drug olympics. If the knuckleheads that want to throw stimulents inside themselves to "be the best that they can be" I say let them so long as the genuine atheletes aren't disadvantaged by having to compete against them.
Never gonna happen 'cause there'd still be the ***kwits that would try and cheat the honest atheletes and the whole moral thing about it but still... perfect world and all that

side note: I thought the ancient olympics were cancelled due to the christians deeming them paganistic and unchristianlike, not due to corruption and cheating. Could be wrong though, I'm no history buff [img]smile.gif[/img]
By then, the "olympic games" were Roman Gladatorial contests between slaves, not the Hellenic Olympic Games.

http://www.hughwilson.com