Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #11
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I hope I get a wrapped up Jenny for my birthday [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #12
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

While there is life, there is hope!
Tyr Anasazi, Andromeda [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:30 AM   #13
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
I was reading a question that I had to answer...this question really made me start to make me ponder...hmmm.....does anyone have hope for mankind? Enlighten me here people....because I find no hope in mankind....
Ok, I assume you arn't here to debate the semantic definitions of hope? Ie: is there actually such a thing as hope at all?
So, what do you mean by 'hope for mankind'? Hope for mankind to do what? Fly to Pluto? Develope a nicer-tasting potatoe chip? Be more specific with your question and I shall answer you with my absolute and inexhaustable wisdom
Old 03-11-2004, 07:13 AM   #14
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

"The only way to fix it is to flush it all away"
Old 03-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #15
Smoothie
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Without Faith, there is NO Hope...
faith in what?

I have no faith in a god per se but i suppose i have faith in other things and that gives me hope for a happy fulfilling life
Old 03-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Smoothie, it seems to me you've answered your own question.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:07 AM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Was the accidental(Freudian slip?) capital F in faith that confusing? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #18
shadowspecter
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
I was reading a question that I had to answer...this question really made me start to make me ponder...hmmm.....does anyone have hope for mankind? Enlighten me here people....because I find no hope in mankind....
Ok, I assume you arn't here to debate the semantic definitions of hope? Ie: is there actually such a thing as hope at all?
So, what do you mean by 'hope for mankind'? Hope for mankind to do what? Fly to Pluto? Develope a nicer-tasting potatoe chip? Be more specific with your question and I shall answer you with my absolute and inexhaustable wisdom
[/QUOTE]Heh heh...I'm only 16...Don't say that I'm to young and didn't experience life long enough, but if you weren't going to say that...just ignore me. Anyway, what I meant about "hope for mankind" is that will we really exist long enough to year 2100? We all have to admit...humans are by far the most pathetic things that walked the Earth. I say that there is no hope for mankind because I have no faith. I also highly doubt that humans will reach Pluto...ever...due to how slow technology is developing. Probably another Cold War might help give it a boost and maybe we might even reach Mars.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 03-12-2004, 01:16 AM   #19
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
On the contrary humanity is one of the more remarkable species ever to walk the earth. We by manipulating things around us are almost infinately adaptable. The fact of the matter is we just have a harder time adapting to living with each other. We're working on the environmental issues. The progress is slow but still there. Is there hope for humanity? I say yes, because to say no makes my life and the life of humanity as a whole effectively worthless. At that point whats the use of waking up tomorrow, what the use of saving someones life, and whats the point of procreation? Will we exist in 2100? I'd expect so. Things aren't so volatile as to generate humanity's self-destruction in that period of time.

P.S.What would be the point of reaching pluto?

P.P.S. The definition of faith as one of my mentors defined it: faith is belief in something otherwise intangible.

P.P.P.S. My definition of hope: desire for something. That's the short of it. I'd try for more depth, but I'm getting a touch fatigued now. 1:13am and all that.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-12-2004, 02:21 AM   #20
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Of course there's Hope. I remember Hope Bradey from Days of Our Lives, don't you? She was a hottie. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]