Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-12-2001, 10:41 PM   #1
Ezra
Welcomed New User

I just started playing Icewind not but 1 1/2 weeks ago and i am a lil stuck..i cant seem to survive the lower lvl of the last crypt (the one with mytos and the myrkul's sending) i kill the first lil set and then proceed and i just get annhilated mostly by that skelton mage. all my guys start getting diseased and paralyzed...i have tryed straight attacking the mage, didn't work just got killed by the skel archers (especially that one with the fire arrows). any tips? should have i gotten some special item that would help me? ANYTHING!?
Steven
Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:04 AM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

listen, its kinda easy. what you should do, is get your mage, or cleric to cast some sort of a creature spell. if you can, haste them, so they can move faster, and get more attacks in. then, have your thief hide in shadows, and move up slowly, so as not to get too many enemies on the screen at once. let your hasted monsters deal out the damage, and soak up those nasty arrows. if they get killed, THEN have your mage shoot long range spells, and have anyone with missle weapons attack them too. just move a little at a time, and deal with them slowly. then, move out of their sight, and rest. then, repeat. it shouldnt be too difficult. also, shoot a couple of fireballs into the area before you go in. if you rest, and rememorize them, you will be healed, and have all of your spells, but the monsters wont. i hope this helps.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:06 AM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

-----------------------------------

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 01:54 PM   #4
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Summoned monsters, animate dead, and area affect prebombardment is good also have your mage hit the enemy mage with magic missiles, good damage and quick casting time so you can disrupt him while someone from yor party tries to get close to him to put him down.
DEADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:07 PM   #5
schuleta
Welcomed New User

Summoning monsters and lobbing fireballs are all great strategies for a party that can do those things. I must be in way over my head, because My party consist of an even split of 3rd lvl characters and 4th lvl characters. My mage is only third level and can't do anything worthwhile. So far he has been an XP sponge. Have I missed something along the way? Are my PC's too low level for this area?

Troy
schuleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:58 PM   #6
Ezra
Welcomed New User

yeah thats my problem...i dont think i am powerful enough..no summon stuff..just magic missle,minor drain, burning hands, chill touch, blur, invis, melf's acid arrow. i have been taking it lil at a time...but the next set of baddies are just TOO many..i want to keep all my guys, i guess i will keep trying
steven
Old 09-13-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
schuleta
Welcomed New User

Sounds like you and I have run across the exact same scrolls.

Troy
schuleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 03:56 PM   #8
Ezra
Welcomed New User

hey i got past the hardest part by killing the 2 lower archers first then just taking that one with the flame arrows on and using those arrows againt the mage and other things. saved asap and now i am taking on the other part.
steven
Old 09-14-2001, 08:06 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Use arrows/bullets often here, send out a scout who is bow equiped to draw bad guys back to the rest of your group. Oh yea, and save often!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote