Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-06-2003, 02:37 AM   #1
Tom-Slayer
Manshoon

!SPOILERS ABOUT PLANER SPHERE!
In the planer sphere after killing lavok i have to get the heart of that mental demon.The thing is HE HOLDS ME WITH a special ability (i believe) The comes and kills me.I have time to cast 1 spell or 2 if im lucky.....Im soloing ( apart from valy holding some gear for the moment)Im lvl 13 and im following dundees solo sorc spell list.I know i shouldnt b doing this Q untill lvl 14 or 15 but i dont care.

Any answers or tips will help thnx
Old 05-06-2003, 04:00 AM   #2
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Ahhh that guy! i did it with a party. Haven't soloed before, but all i can say is buff up! stick all the protections you can think of onto yourself! have you tried Chromatic Orb? i like that spell, depending on his saves then he might drop dead straight away - if not then greater malison him and pound away.

As for the HOLD ability he's got...hmm not sure...he didn't live that long!

Oooooh! and summons! lots of em! fodder!!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:14 AM   #3
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
What wands and scrolls have you got with you--use anything that might help.

I am not too sure what the hold ability the demon uses is, but if it is similar to Power Word: Stun, you can protect yourself with Spell Immunity choosing Conjuration/Summoning. If that doesn't do it, try the other schools until you find which one works.

Also, summon in as many helpers as you can to distract the enemies. Make sure you use Mirror Image--it has a chance of blocking spells attacks as well as melee attacks.

Use Greater Malison to soften up the enemies saving throws, and toss in things that do magic damage--MM, Cromatic Orb, Skull Trap (fire and lightning will not hurt the demon)
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:23 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

There is more than one demon there, try your luck with another.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
There is more than one demon there, try your luck with another.
But arent they all the same? I dunno if they r coz I always go for the same one. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:33 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

IIRC, they have slightly different abilities and allies.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:35 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

There are 3 demons. Two of them are the same (even have identical names IIRC), and the third is different. The third even can't hold you (?) (he has some other nasty abilities, dont worry)

My way to deal with them was to enrage (immunity to hold [img]smile.gif[/img] ) or send in some Mordenkainen's swords lead by a wizard's eye [img]smile.gif[/img] The result was amazing in both cases - lots of gibs and a demonheart lying lonely on the ground.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:37 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

There are 2 Tanar'ri's and an greater kind of demon, the Tanar'ri's are easier compared to the named demon in the Abyss there... try a Tanar'ri and not the demon with a name.. because he tends to be stronger (and has rather irritating allies)

[add] Got myself beaten by an Elminster [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-06-2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 05-06-2003, 06:42 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Heh, you are welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Elminster is one of the greatest mages ever walked in the realms (no Reistlin Majere in this setting [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and surely he'd beaten many a dragon in his travels. Why worry about a small green wyrm?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

No offence [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 06:57 AM   #10
sorab
Dungeon Master

a good strategy is to summon everything you can before you meet him.there the target of his abilities would be the elemental not you.so blast him with some spells while he is busy with your summoned creatures.thats what i did