Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #21
Moiraine
Anubis

My score is Kangaxx : dunno really, feels like zillions / Moiraine's family team : 2 (Hubbie insisted on killing him "in a better way". Doh. I say, what better way is there than killing dead, eh. )

Solo mode, never arrived near the b...ugger, 'cause since I keep everything I find, by then I was so bloody heavy I couldn't even walk ...

[ 08-04-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Moiraine ]
Old 08-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #22
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I think that topic is the most used topic ever in the history of the BG2 board. If its your first time, kangaxx is pretty gosh darn hard. Good Luck on that mate! He can and will die, and is actually pretty easy once you figure it out.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:48 PM   #23
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
1) Fire elementals worked well (until imprisioned) - they do more damage than Carsomyr
2) Ring of the ram worked well on the lich - never tried it on the demi lich. Note to self - don't position your mage at such a point that you blow the lich right on top of him - it just wasn't a smart tactic.
3) Spells don't work - but I think I was working out how that minute meteor spell was supposed to work just before my mage joined the choir invisible.
4) Remember Davros - you have two Ring of the Rams - the other one is in your gem bag
5) Korgan's +3 hammer didn't work and no missiles worked
6) Talk about a shrinking party - I started with 6 and ended with 2 before I hit the reload button.

I hope this nasty toe-rag has some decent treasure on him [img]smile.gif[/img]
SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I'm not going to spoil much of anything, just give you hints:

1. His second form's spells are a pain, to be sure. Do some research with the manual (specifically the spells section) and at the merchants to find some things to help you out. There are also other summons (that you may not have access to yet) that do well against him.
  2. You could always use them on the first form, but it may be better to hold onto it...
  3. Most spells don't work, but Melf's Minute Meteors are considered to be weapons, not spells
  4. Save them both, as per #2 above.
  5. If +3 weapons don't work, what is the next logical deduction about strength of weapons needed? Do some other side quests, and you will find some other weapons that will hurt him.
  6. See #1.
Oh, and on the subject of treasure, yes it is worth it.

[ 08-04-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 08-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmmm it's been so long since I discussed this! I think the best tactic was to use a Mage with polymorph self into a jelly thing. IIRC that has 100% magic resistance then you just use that to absorb all the spells.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:39 AM   #25
andrewas
Harper

Normaly thats a good defence. But Trap The Soul bypasses Magic Resistance.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:07 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Worked finished at 3:30pm and it is now 9:00 pm. Five and a half hours of frustration hanging on the end of numerous calls from work on the mobile phone. The words ORGANISE, COULDN'T and BROTHEL come to mind, just itching to be used somehow in a sentence. So annoyed was I that I wouldn't cook and I wouldn't go for take out. Not even enough energy to heat a tin of soup or baked beans. Am munching on a bowl of weetbix and preparing an enraged Davros to carve some chunks outta his high Lichiness the K-man.

Round 5 is about to commence, and the smart money is that he will go down in 7 or less [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #27
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

Round 5 is about to commence, and the smart money is that he will go down in 7 or less [img]smile.gif[/img]
My money's still on the Big K. I still don't think you've got what it takes Davros!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-05-2003, 09:48 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Round 5 was abandoned when things started going badly against me - dispelling my 2 prepared elementals was a total pisser that I wasn't prepared for.

But

In Round 6 [img]smile.gif[/img]

I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX, I KILLED KANGAXX

I was fighting away, and I got lucky with a ring of the ram doing 24 damage points and then the words I was looking for came up - Kangaxx : Death. His little red circle disappeared off the screen and I was in total elation in my moment of victory :

Then this familiar cut scene came up with a hand thrust upwards with disentigrating fingers and it asked me if I wanted to Reload or Quit. What a total pisser - the bastard nailed my lead character at his moment of death - talk about your poor sports .

Well I still killed Kangaxx - that can't be taken away from me [img]smile.gif[/img] - time for round 7 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 09:51 AM   #29
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Well I still killed Kangaxx - that can't be taken away from me [img]smile.gif[/img] - time for round 7 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Any proof ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 10:00 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No proof as such Claude [img]smile.gif[/img] - but this time in Round 7 I have the Ring of Gaxx - only problem is that again with his last vengeful blow the nasty smegger imprisoned Keldorn and Carsomyr . Now if it was Korgan well that wouldn't have mattered so much - although he is carrying the stuff for Crom Feyr.

How do I free someone from imprisonment? Looks like he will make it to round 8 after all. Even an elephant can be eaten one bite at a time [img]smile.gif[/img]