Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-31-2002, 06:23 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I will no longer be a Bushwacker and that will support the President and his adminstration in whatever they say. I now realize that they all know what is best for us all and will keep my snide remarks to myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanx for reading!

Mark
Old 05-31-2002, 06:33 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Judas...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/05/30/as...fbi/index.html

Mark
Old 05-31-2002, 07:01 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

You have seen the light my brother! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

*Sazerac sees the first post, and promptly falls out of his chair in a dead faint...

...picks himself up, looks at the link, and breathes a sigh of relief*

--for a minute there, I thought it was the end of the world! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-31-2002, 09:23 AM   #6
MagiK

Im not sure Saz but I did detect a faint whiff of sarcasm and cynicism there [img]smile.gif[/img]

@ Skywalker: Umm you do note that you are talking about Bush and using a column about Ashcroft...no?

[ 05-31-2002, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-31-2002, 09:47 AM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

The point is that the FBI will be able to scan the Internet with wild abandon. This means all users may need to be very careful about what we post and what is chatted about. I have no desire to have a file created about me (if there isn't one already). Hence my turning over a new leaf.

This means I may or may not continue to think GWB is an idiot (nothing to see here FBI agents), but I will try to keep from posting anything anywhere that may incriminate me.

Gotta love that Bush!

Mark
Old 05-31-2002, 10:16 AM   #8
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
The point is that the FBI will be able to scan the Internet with wild abandon. This means all users may need to be very careful about what we post and what is chatted about. I have no desire to have a file created about me (if there isn't one already). Hence my turning over a new leaf.

This means I may or may not continue to think GWB is an idiot (nothing to see here FBI agents), but I will try to keep from posting anything anywhere that may incriminate me.

Gotta love that Bush!

Mark
Ummm they have always been able to scan the net with wild abandon..heck they had that big brouhaha over that project (cant remember the silly name) a couple of years ago...assured the populace they would only use it on foreign countries...and if you believed that I have some swamp land Id like to sell ya [img]smile.gif[/img] The point is..now they can actually use the info they already have to apprehend criminals with it...Im not saying Im for or against the new legislation...need to study it more, Im just not too worried about being persecuted because I say some decision of the presidents is whacky! (and yes I do disagree with him on some issues). Im pretty sure that we have not just witnessed the destruction of the first or 4th ammendments (is it the 4th?) shoot now I gotta look it up

Edit: And I have been a big Bush fan since early adolescense

[ 05-31-2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-31-2002, 10:17 AM   #9
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know but that just seems wrong.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #10
skywalker
Banned User

Of course, I'm being largely facetious, but nothing would surprise me lately.

I feel terrorism is used to push an agenda that may be less than desirable in the future. Once the Pandora's Box is opened, it is hard to close it again with all our freedoms intact.

It is true that we cannot be completely safe from terrorists and that is something we need to come to terms with. But I'm not sure if any of these measures will make us safe either.

If I want to say something against policies of my government, I should not have to fear that goverment if we indeed, do have Freedom Of Speech.

BTW, who here thinks the FBI operatives will frequent Christian Churches to gather terrorist info. No, they will lining up at Muslim Churches (Mosques). Now, in the current state of affairs, that sounds logical, but no matter how you slice it, it comes up as profiling via religious belief.

It is easy for me to rail about all the stuff the gov wants to do. I live in small town America - not much chance terrorism will touch me personally. Seeing what is going on now, with new laws and regulations, and people being detained and freedoms being trounced, I can't help but think the terrorists are winning.

Sorry, I just realized T was ranting.

Mark