Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Alright, I've heard a lot about soloing the game, and I'm assuming you mean playing the game through with just one character, so how do you do that? When you start out, kill Imoen and leave Minsc and Jahiera(sp?) in the cells and go on?

Also, I plan on dual classing my character, I believe he's lvl 9 now, and I can't dual class him. I know now isn't the right time, but the button for it isn't usable. When will I be able to? And yes, he's Human. I'm just curious because I thought you'd be able to use it anytime, and I can't use it now.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well soloing is yes taking 1 char through the whole game... and no you dont have to kill them... just remove imoen from your party or tell her to go by herself and also say its time to split up with minsc and jaheira

and he has to be human but certain dont dual-class I THINK... Im not positive because I hardly play as Humans but I dont think you can dual class Paladins or Rangers and such.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:22 AM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:

Also, I plan on dual classing my character, I believe he's lvl 9 now, and I can't dual class him. I know now isn't the right time, but the button for it isn't usable. When will I be able to? And yes, he's Human. I'm just curious because I thought you'd be able to use it anytime, and I can't use it now.

You have to have the right stats. You need at least 15 in the prime stat of your original class, for example if you're a fighter you need at least 15 strength, and at least 17 in the prime stat of the class you're dualling to, for example if you dual to a cleric you need at least 17 wisdom. If you're a human then I think this is your problem [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2002, 01:46 AM   #4
Glorfindel

Well there r some class' that cant b dual classed, right Aelia?
Old 03-04-2002, 01:53 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Paladin can't dual class. I don't know about the other class.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:08 AM   #6
Glorfindel

And rangers cant either.... that 1's obvious cause of Minsc
Old 03-04-2002, 02:45 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
And rangers cant either.... that 1's obvious cause of Minsc

Wrong. Rangers can dual to Clerics, but Minsc's WIS is too low.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:52 AM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Also, contrary to the manual, druids can dual, at least to fighters (I tested it ).
Old 03-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #9
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Alright, well, I'm a Human Kensai that I want to dual to a Thief or something. My strength is 16 I believe. When in character creation, do I have to choose for him to dual class then? If so, I didn't see that. Since my strength is 16, I should be able to at least click on the dual class button right? But it's greyed out, know what I mean?
Old 03-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:
Alright, I've heard a lot about soloing the game, and I'm assuming you mean playing the game through with just one character, so how do you do that? When you start out, kill Imoen and leave Minsc and Jahiera(sp?) in the cells and go on?

You can just free them and tell them you think it would be better to split up. As for Imoen, that someone else has to answer...
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote