Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 08:53 PM   #1
Drifter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK....so if we're here in this forum, it's a fairly safe bet that we're gamers. Or at least that we play BG2.
My question to you: how many of you also read? And I don't mean things like game manuals, i'm talking actually read.

Personally, i've always been right into the Fantasy Genre, I was reading long before I began gaming. Aside from reading Salvatore's (I think it was him) series on Drizzt Do'urden and the Underdark, I own many other books and have read many more. PRobably too many to write down here
Among my favorites: Sara Douglass; Ian Irvine; without fail, we have Tolkein; All of Weis' and Hickmans' novels, although particularly the 5th gate cycle (was that it?)

Anyway, on a final question: does anyone here also write?

------------------
The meek shall inherit the Earth. But the strong shall reclaim it as their own.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:57 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Ive always read a lot of books in the fantasy genre. Ive always wanted to write, but it seems I never get around to starting anything. Is anyone else the same way?

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
:grabblue:
Old 10-30-2001, 08:58 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Yes and Yes!
I read fantasy mostly, and am beginning to get back into the writing part of it.
Drifter, check the AD&D books forum here. And if you're looking for a good writer's forum, there's a link to one in Kaz's sig. It's a great place.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe, PB's Pub, and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Emerald Dragoness of DOTW
Incorrigible Redsox Fan
Unsuspecting Victim of one of Jerome and Rikard's Plots
Founder and Leader of TOTS
Ah Een Romance die opbloeit in de Savanne
Dubbed 'Nala' by Rikard, Legolas and Jerome--RRROOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
Synthos
Manshoon

I love fantasy, Sci-fi and good fiction novels...
Wheel of Time
Dragonlance
Star Wars Series
Lord of The Rings
Others, misc.. ect....
All these are great, I want to write but like Azreal I never seem to get around to it...

------------------

Quote:
"Est Sularis Oth Mithas"-->Honour Is My Life
Old 10-30-2001, 09:31 PM   #5
Aurum
Manshoon

In personal, no I apreciate much read, however, is very necesary.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:03 PM   #6
Tananda
Elminster

Uh-huh, I love reading. I like fiction (something in Agatha Christie's style), fantasy (yes, Wheel of Time is great; and almost anything by Glen Cook), and, of course, I love a lot of books that are hard to define by genre... Actually my favorite (well, "almost favorite" since it's difficult to choose the only one) writer is F. Scott Fitzgerald...

As to writing... I do not write stories or novels, but I write articles since I work as journalist

------------------
Tanda,
Assassin
White Dragoness of The Dragoons Of The Wind

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:09 PM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ahh, we have an entire forum here dedicated to that. its called the book forum, its near the bottom... and right now im reading The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore .

and yes, i'm a writer. if all goes well, and i mean WELL, you should expect to see my name on the front of a shelved book before the end of summer.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:19 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is a great topic, but it's probably better in our Fantasy Books forum. Please visit, I'd love to see more people there talking about AD&D, Tolkien, and other fantasy books (you can talk about sci-fi too if you want).

Moving this to the Books forum, please come and visit!

------------------