Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-20-2000, 07:15 PM   #11
Suul-Yinn

Thank's everyone. I can now prove to my wife that I am not the most obsessed person in the world! lol

Old 12-21-2000, 12:36 AM   #12
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I've finished the game twice and Im playing two games concurrently as well as bg1 for the third or fourth time. The two games I finished (one single player and one solo-mp)I played concurrently and did the both endgames in one night. My protaginists have each come from the four core classes and their alignments are CG,CN,N,NE. So far Ive tried 6 different kits/classes as well as a few multi-class and two-dual class and had every npc at one time or another.
Variety is certainly the spice of this game. I'm planning a fifth game with 2 multiclass characters and one rotating npc. and the exp cap removed. With the difficult set high I Hope to be thoroughly challenged.
The begining dungeon bores the hell out of me (its the only one that does) so I have an archive save just after it. I import new characters in, deciding then if I want to keep any the npc's who are holding the loot. I am also collecting saves at specific quests to see how a "fresh" party would do in different situations. I found shadow keeper to be unreliable when changing a characters class so I do it the import way in the multiplayer game. Adding exp in shadowkeeper is reliable and can bring a new character up to par with an expirienced party.
I Advise Caution when using shadowkeeper as you have the temptaton right in front of you to make a thrill-free, boring, old, super character, who is only fun to create if you want to take on a major high level monster solo.( which IS fun!!!)

I will play this game, and every other like it again and again, When I'm not playing any given Final Fantasy title ( IX rocks!!!! )that is...
Old 12-21-2000, 01:47 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Whoa!!! You guys rule!!!!! Replaying BG2 is great, but playing BG1, 2, IWD, D2 is all too much for my lil brain! I admire you all guys!!! Heey, has anyone here played BG2 10 or more times? or how bout 20?
z
z
z
z
The artist formerly know as BaatoRyan
Old 12-21-2000, 08:44 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Geez and I get picked on for playing games too much in my house. I've only played through three times fully and twice partially. Even those games I went right through one I cheated so it was quick and my first game was short because I missed lots of stuff. So even after all these times my current game is the only one that I've been everywhere and done everything and played without cheating at all (okay have a tiny bit). This fighter is my only character that I'm saving for the future so if you see a fighter named Daniel wandering aroun Never Winter Nights you'll know who it is. Provided there will be good servers in Australia, groups to play with and my parents let me. There's also the problem that my uni internet account doesn't allow most online gaming. Oh well.
Old 12-21-2000, 09:34 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I did the archive save too but stored gear in a chest near the spell store. Also I got bored with each kit after the strongholds finished, that's why I ended most after that. It's amazing though that after so many times someone will mention something I missed - like Suul-Yinns Bejuril improvement or the bloody Harpers quest! I had Jahiera plenty of times and it didn't properly kick in, normally ending after the "meeting" (won't spoil) with Galvarey.

Also, Draggor:If you still need group members later on let me know, I'm from Oz myself.
Old 12-26-2000, 12:18 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

bumping so Midas.touch has an answer to his question on another thread