Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2002, 08:12 AM   #1
Aussiegirl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After months of playing BG and finally getting to the end and managing to beat Saverok & goons (after 3 days of trying everything!!) I find that the game has not saved my last battle outcome! It rolled straight to credits!!

I AM VERY UPSET!!! I have been playing the 3 disc release which has BG and TOSC in the one box (if you know what I mean). What did I do wrong?? Or is the save game somewhere else other than the obvious? PLEASE HELP! I don't think I can go in and beat these guys again!
Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:57 AM   #2
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

The final save game is just before the battle, not afterwards. Once you've defeated Sarevok there's not really any need for another save game.
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:47 AM   #3
John Knight
Welcomed New User

Hey, I agree with the earlier comment. Saving the game after you've beaten it? Unless you just want to walk around the world as the ultimate victor, it might be better to simply do everything before winning.

On another note, I'm on the three disk box release also(for both BG and TOSC). Have you noticed with yours that there's a bug that kicks you into windows, before certain combats can begin?

This happens a lot with me, mostly neutral people. Sometimes others as well, for instance Tarnesh at the Friendly Arm. I've looked for a patch, but the only ones I've found have prompted the game to start asking for discs that I don't have. Suddenly, it will want me to place disc 6 in the computer, when I only have three.

Sorry, don't mean to post a question under your question, but I figured we're both using the same release of product, just wanted to see if I got a bunk copy.

Take care.
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:46 PM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
The final save game is just before the battle, not afterwards. Once you've defeated Sarevok there's not really any need for another save game.

Hm, but what if you want to import the char to BG2? Then, the xp for the fight with Sarevok are not counting in the final save and are "worthless"?
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, you will loose that experience but if you did play the game through and did almost every quest it isn't a problem because you will have reached the xp cap anyway.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

IIRC Then The EXP Isn't Worthless, As It Does Save Your Game Before The Fight, Yet Automatically Exports Your Char Afterwards. So If You Play BGII Then It does Count.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:47 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I concur with Beaumanoir. Open up your 'Characters' folder and each party member THAT YOU CREATED will have been exported (ready to be imported into BG2), complete with their full share of EXP for helping to ice Sarevok.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:21 AM   #8
Aussiegirl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you one and all for your help. I found the 'final save' and yes it goes straight to the scene prior to the Big Battle. But everything I have read says that it immediately transports characters to Ulgoth's Beard. As I have BG and ToSC on the same discs does this require exporting characters or do I have to load the 'Final Save' game, take my characters out of the undercity, through the maze, out the Thieve's Guild and through Baldur's Gate to Ulgoth's Beard myself? (Can you tell I'm relatively new at the computer gaming thing?!)

In reply to John Knight, it has only been on one occasion where my game mysteriously through be back to windows and it was just before a battle in the maze. I didn't think much of it as its only happened the one time.

Look forward to any assistance.
(PS - love the site, love the forum - where have you been my whole (gaming) life!)
Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:18 PM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yes you will have to leave the area and walk to ulgoths beard, it only transports you there if you decide to play TOSC w/o the rest of BG