Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 08:43 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Spoiler

The first time I did the underdark section I didn't know about the trapped wizard that you free with the freedome scroll. I just killed all the elementals that kept appearing at the portals around the first map. I got shed loads of experience from doing this and it came in handy.
Now Ive just been reading a walkthrough that told me what the portals are there for. The quest with the wizard sounds cool but im worried I will lose out on all the experience you get from killing loads of elementals. SO what I want to know is if i kill them all will i still be able to do his quest ?
Old 01-31-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

yes
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 11:15 AM   #3
Enedelin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where exactly is the cave the wizards is trapped? at first when I went into the silver dragons cave I thought it was there, and used the scroll

Is it near where the elemental portal is? just tell me please! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Enedelin ]

Enedelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:19 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

The wizard is not in a cave, its a bit confusing, but they mean that the wizard has been imprisoned in THE cave of caves
( Underdark itself).

The wizard has been imprisoned between the eastern and western portals, just kinda stand in the middle of those portals.

West portal--------------wizard----------------------------east portal
----------------------------------------------------------east portal

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: daan ]

Old 01-31-2002, 11:30 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

SPOILER...
If you simply cast a Freedom spell in the general area, the wizard will appear, and move towards you.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 12:26 PM   #6
Helspanth
Quintesson

SPOILER
.After you do the wizards quest demand more reward.That will ultimately lead to a tough battle with the wizard but has good spoils.Plus the wizard is evil!