Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-20-2002, 05:41 AM   #1
luvs_bg2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i cant wait its sounds really kool anyway does any1 know how much it will be and can u pre-order it on this site??
luvs_bg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:45 AM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by luvs_bg2:
i cant wait its sounds really kool anyway does any1 know how much it will be and can u pre-order it on this site??

My guess is that it will be about £35 in Electronics boutique. Thats what most of the games are coming out at their now. They sould lower there prices not higher them (And they wonder why piracy is such a big problem).

P.S cant wait for this one.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:04 AM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

With the financial trouble Interplay had, and still, has i only hope that it doesn't turn out to be a rushed cash cow. A game only to profit of the BG/IWD names which has not a lot of quality. I'm not saying it is going to be such a game, i only hope it isn't one. Wait and see.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

You may pre-order IWD2 from the Interplay home site. It's right there on the first page.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #5
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
With the financial trouble Interplay had, and still, has i only hope that it doesn't turn out to be a rushed cash cow. A game only to profit of the BG/IWD names which has not a lot of quality. I'm not saying it is going to be such a game, i only hope it isn't one. Wait and see.

I disagree. I've been lurking a bit on the IWD2 board over at Interplay and it seems to me that the IWD2 staff is genuinely trying to improve the game as much as possible by taking input from their most dedicated fans. It can be argued that IWD was just a rushed cash cow designed to profit off of BG1's huge popularity, but it turned out to be a pretty good game IMO. The proposed changes that will be implemented in IWD2 already show that it's going to be at least up to par with IWD1. I think with IWD2 we'll have more of the same stuff that made IWD1 great, but with many improvements that will make it even better... new races, kits, spells, etc. Plus they are redoing the way you roll character stats so people will no longer be able to play super characters by rolling for hours on end [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2002, 05:37 PM   #6
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

$49.95 from the Interplay web site.
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 07:12 PM   #7
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Darkman:

I disagree. I've been lurking a bit on the IWD2 board over at Interplay and it seems to me that the IWD2 staff is genuinely trying to improve the game as much as possible by taking input from their most dedicated fans. It can be argued that IWD was just a rushed cash cow designed to profit off of BG1's huge popularity, but it turned out to be a pretty good game IMO. The proposed changes that will be implemented in IWD2 already show that it's going to be at least up to par with IWD1. I think with IWD2 we'll have more of the same stuff that made IWD1 great, but with many improvements that will make it even better... new races, kits, spells, etc. Plus they are redoing the way you roll character stats so people will no longer be able to play super characters by rolling for hours on end [img]smile.gif[/img]

I never said it WAS going to be one, i only HOPE it isn't one. The propossed changes might be good but we can only judge that after the game is released and have played it or had some input from others. Actually, i said that because of the FOT debacle which was nothing more then a cash cow, imo. Game sucked but had the Fallout name in it just to make some quick cash.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:55 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

I take it, then, that Fallout: Tactics is a game to avoid? Oh, well...

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:53 AM   #9
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, FOT is not a bad strategy game in itself. The problem is with the name they have given it, Fallout. The general storyline as to what the Fallout world is, got mauled. The special random encounters, for the most part, are dumb comical relief ones. People with psionic powers and mind control are not very Falloutish. To many weapons that have no real use. Besides it crashes too much and the looting system isn't what it could be. People falling on top of each other with no way to loot the bottom person and that person might just have a key you need. If you forgot to bring something you are screwed. Can't go back to get it. Yada, Yada, bla, bla, bla.
As a Fallout fan from the first hour, i took great offence to this game but if you can look past all of these things you got yourself an average game.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Azred, I don't concur with the previous opinion of FO:Tactics. EVERY game is released with the intention of generating a profit, so dissing FOT because you think it is a cash cow is hardly a valid critique IMO. I LIKE FO:T ... it adds a multiplayer element that was sorely missing in FO2.

And if you haven't played FO or FO2, BUY THEM!!!! You can probably buy them both in a bundle now for about 10$ and they are WELL worth the money!!!!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote