Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

What's up with all those +x weapons that don't have a +x enchantment? And also, why are there many weapons with enchantment bonuses and attack bonuses as well? Those things do NOT stack. I can understand if you want to make a weapon more accurate and giving it a higher AB than enchantment, but lower AB doesn't do jack. And I've seen quite a few of those.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

If I recall, Roddybug has some opinions on this question.

For myself, the higher the AB the better. It lets you hit monsters you can't touch otherwise. Enhancement and attack bonus may not stack but the ablity to hit and and then do damage is what you need in a weapon.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
roddybug
Manshoon

I may have mentioned it a few times [img]smile.gif[/img]
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Sorry, had NO idea that they didn't work together. I swear I read somewhere they did.

Well, I'll go through as I upgrade areas and remove the AB for many.

Wow. That was a waste of time.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:23 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Just checking.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

that will take ages, Ziroc.
damn, I do not envy you at all.
if my machine was up and running, I would offer to help, but at the moment the HDD is a corpse so all I can do is cross my fingers and pray for you.
if you want to make it all more difficult, you can remove the Enhancement levels and boost up just the Attack Bonus levels to the higher of the two numbers. just a randomized thought - one of my many.

I found out that they two didn't stack the old-fashioned way - by trying to reconstruct some of your crowdpleaser weapons to see how the "cash value" weighed themselves out to other weapons similar in design but rebuilt to have the total potential attack bonus but not the enhancements. If I ever get my computer back online (which at this rate may be months even if I don't make enough cash), I'll do a comparison of Enhancement Bonus vs. Attack Bonus + Damage Bonus (fixed number) using the "cost value." I have an idea of what the end result is going to be, but I want to confirm it once and for all.

[ 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 AM   #7
StigTC

Just remember that an enhancement bonus +10 is always better than an attack and damage bonus +10.
Those attack bonuses wont help you break magical protections such as ironskin or premonition.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

StigTC, why do you think I am always harassing RTB to help me out with stuff like that before I send them off to Ziroc for his personal perusal? *grins*

Since you did mention it though, would you be interested in going through some of the (eventual) new constructions I have been trying to compose over the past few months as well? I (whenever my computer is brought back online from the dead) was going to attempt to create a couple new weapons and armors - especially out of the CEP collection. Sure, I have a feeling that any successful works that Ziroc likes will be found in the hands of those numerous creatures trying to kill us first, but it's better than me always just ranting and raving about "oh this would be so cool!" and blindly expecting it to show up.

Only reason I do up all this stuff is the hopes that it gives Ziroc time to work on the REALLY cool stuff like new levels, new creatures, and possible new quests and plotlines instead of having to go through and make more regular weapons and armor (which in fact take a lot more time than I ever gave anyone credit for until I started building them in faux modules myself).

Ziroc, hope to see you online again soon. Of course, I'll need a new HDD for that. And at the moment, it looks like it will be a Seagate. (I'll get a little more for my money than going with a Maxtor. And since Seagate now owns Maxtor, I have a little more faith in their products.)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
StigTC

Ooh, I'm always up for criticizing other peoples work.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote