Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Managed to slap a dragon with 233 on a single hit yesterday so I am now intrigued: anyone have any idea what the biggest possible single hit is?

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm not sure I've hit as high as 233. There is a downside to picking weapons that do and I like to have something in reserve when the hits don't work.

But going weapon master with an X3 critical weapon (greateaxe, warhammer, etc) I have managed X4 criticals hits at well over 200.

I've never used a scythe but with weapon master skills and X5 hits who needs Dev Crit!
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
roddybug
Manshoon

Try scythes, I've been thinking about a weapon master scythe wielder for a while now. He was going to be a halfling named after the great musician Ivor Biggun but as halflings can't use scythes it was not to be
I suppose that the 233 damage was some sort of critical, otherwise wow!
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Zebodog

How about 2055 damage?
http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/cha...mageadept.html
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The 411 w/out the crit is pretty impressive in and of itself. However, I think I'll stick to my somewhere around 105 crits with my bow, from clear across the map...That way, if it just makes the target mad, I have plenty of time to run for the hills...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
Zebodog

With some strength and constitution enhancing, I couldn't see much that would survive a critical from that build.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dammit (edit by moderators).

I'm trying to balance offence and defence (hit at about 150 and defend at AC 85).

Maybe I need to look at the extremes if I'm going to really hack the Undermountain
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:16 AM   #8
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

The 233 is unbuffed but using red dragon greatsword of hell. The 'something in reserve' is that she either buffs up, hits them again [img]smile.gif[/img] or throws some magic around (bard with high UMD), runs around a little and then legs it if none of that works.

I still need to do a rebuild on this one as it doesn't have as high an AB as I wanted, currently in rethink mode. Will update further when this is done.

I'll also look for a decent scythe in the markets, see how that works out - Psycho Farmer Giles, maybe...

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
StigTC

With the circumstances being all right, my Axe Slinger can manage crits of 400, although hitting that high is very rare.

That's the highest I've seen aside from the damage adept that Zebodog linked to.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Sad

With any luck, good people, new scythes (including a few new models for them) should be on the way. And as I found out months ago, the nagamaki is considered a scythe so if any of those show up, that damage adept could easily have a rather large collection of options available to him. I don't think most people here use the scythes currently around as they don't seem to compare well against many of the other items. When Ziroc is finished all of his re-editing, perhaps he'll be able to school us all on what new items are going to be made present in the updated Undermountain? (Please note, with our luck we'll have to kill our way to the improved scythes. Not that we aren't willing to do that already, but being on the wrong end of one always makes me nervous...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote