Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-16-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
MagiK

I listend to Bush make his speach and thought he did an outstanding job. I also noted that he got a standing O not only from the republicans but also from the Democrats. Both sides of the house and senate approved the authorization for use of force against Iraq. This was approved by both parties by a LARGE margin.

So now all the doom and gloom types can get off that line that it is only the Bush Administration that thinks force may be needed against Iraq. With this legislation Bush COULD if he wanted order an attack right now..but he specificly stated that while he could, he is NOT issuing any orders for an attack.

The President also reminded me of a few things that most people have forgotten about the last time inspectors tried to do their jobs in Iraq. They were bullied, intimidated, shot at threatened and had to watch as soldiers burned documents while they held the inspectors off with weapons.

Iraq now has over 75 Presidential Palaces which Saddam claims the inspectors have no right to search. He is also saying that we cannot search Hospitals or schools (perfect places for biological weapon development). Anyone want to be that the inspectors are intimidated and threatened again?

Old 10-16-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Iraq now has over 75 Presidential Palaces which Saddam claims the inspectors have no right to search.
He has nukes under his pillow, I tells ya [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 05:27 PM   #3
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Iraq now has over 75 Presidential Palaces which Saddam claims the inspectors have no right to search.
He has nukes under his pillow, I tells ya [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]
LOL [img]smile.gif[/img] Im not that paranoid [img]smile.gif[/img] but I know he is close.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
IF he has them, he won't use them cause he knows Iraq will be totally destroyed is he drops one on let's say Israel. However there's another tactic that he might use and that is torch all Iraqi oil fields. He'd rather do that than let the Americans take it all. And that will be one hell of an environmental dissaster.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:00 PM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
IF he has them, he won't use them cause he knows Iraq will be totally destroyed is he drops one on let's say Israel. However there's another tactic that he might use and that is torch all Iraqi oil fields. He'd rather do that than let the Americans take it all. And that will be one hell of an environmental dissaster.

Like the one in Kuwait? It appears to me that the environment of the world is pretty much still the same as before that "disaster".

As for Americans "getting" the oil, thats just plain ludicrous. The last territory we annexed was Hawaii and Alaska...we arent an expansionist power.

He may not launch the nuke on a scud for all to see, but what would stop him from handing it over to Hamas? or Alqueda? or any other terrorist organization? AND do you really think he gives a sh*t about what happens to Iraq? All he is interested is in his personal power.

He did after all use poison gas on tens of thousands of the native population a couple of years ago. (they call them Kurds)

[ 10-16-2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-16-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, Horatio, he actually did that to the Kuwaiti fields, and all of the lefties were moaning at the time about how it would take a year to put out, the smoke would cover the world, the climate would change, the stars run backward in their courses, etc., etc., ETC., ad nauseaum. It took a month, No didaster. The whole shebang was running on line within six months. That's what it would be this time. We are REAL good at putting out oil field fires.
Oh, and MagiK, have you noticed that France has let it be known that they are on board? How's that for unilateralism?
Old 10-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
MagiK

Attalus, yeah I did notice that about France, several other countries and most of the democratic party too for that matter. I think that French Tanker getting attacked and the bombs in Bali may have had something to do with it.

Altho...I heard one rumor that the hardleftists are claiming that the US staged those events to get support for the war effort. *sigh*

Old 10-16-2002, 06:06 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, we can't buy a win, can we?
Old 10-16-2002, 06:09 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:

Altho...I heard one rumor that the hardleftists are claiming that the US staged those events to get support for the war effort. *sigh*
I don't think so. AFAIK the only person claiming that is the Indonesian terrorist guy (in charge of the terrorist organisation that is suspected of masterminding the bali bombing, can't remember the name).
Old 10-16-2002, 06:13 PM   #10
MagiK

Thanks A.J. I didnt get the whole thing, only heard part of a conversation.