Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-10-2001, 12:34 PM   #1
DaFirm19_Inch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a little experience of my wit the drizzt's items the first time i played SOA: During the part of the game where u have to help find the stupid lanten for the elven pplz,...I gave up after looking for the lantern for ages so i cheated abit to speed up my findings,...dunno what happened after i used the cheat (the one inbuilted in the game) it kinda stuffed up the game alittle,..
my main character started walking backwards,..well he faces another way when everyone is walking forward ?!?
anywayz,..after sending the drizzt into Bohdi's main room by himself first and closing the door behind him, [img]smile.gif[/img] i retrived his items & killed Bodhi. But just as i came out of Bhodi's cavern the minister guy appeared(or woteva the hell u call him),... but he just ignored me (which i later found out that he was meant to take the drizzt's items from u) anywayz, I used drizzt's items throughout the game, every other time after that he just appeared in everyplace i went to, did nothing but just stand there (well, ofcourse, my party members tended to hack him up abit every now & then, but yeh,..as u know he does'nt die even wit ctrl+Y)..

anyone b able to tell me why i was able to keep Drizzt's items? coz i thought b4 that u were able to keep them, since in BG:TOS u were allowed to keep them....
Old 11-10-2001, 12:38 PM   #2
Euronymous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got that once, he wouldnt attack me...but I couldnt buy anything or sleep.....and besides in Bgate1 drizzts items were holy...in ToB and SoA they stink
Old 11-10-2001, 12:44 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You can just throw away the drizzt weapons you have now, and then just use shadowkeeper to get them automaticly, so neither Elminster or your NPC's will notice!
Old 11-10-2001, 12:50 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
You can just throw away the drizzt weapons you have now, and then just use shadowkeeper to get them automaticly, so neither Elminster or your NPC's will notice!

They are hardly worth the efford so why bother?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Velkyn_OHF ]

Old 11-10-2001, 12:52 PM   #5
DaFirm19_Inch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Euronymous
yeh,.. true, when it happened to me i could only sleep at certain times e.g.when all dialogs have cleared(sometimes even the dialogs stuff up)
also i could quick save most of the times,.. anyway i ended up restarting the whole bloody game...
Old 11-10-2001, 01:08 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

What happens if you store the items somewhere, then will they be gone? Like you travel to Althlakta, then drop the items, before the mage comes, will they be there?
Old 11-10-2001, 01:20 PM   #7
DaFirm19_Inch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SecretMaster ,...
they acted like normal weapon items,..dun ask me why, dats the question i've been tryin to find out,...

as for the minister guy, he just appears right nexts ur party members once the map has loaded...once again tryin to find out y too [img]tongue.gif[/img]