Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 09:30 AM   #1
Zbyszek

It is my story , again
I gave that rod to Jaheira and was testing it/her. She died when her Charisma went down to zero - sad. I reloaded when her Charisma was equal to one, and changed her armor for that ogre leather armor+3 -1 CHA. What a surprise , she died again, but what is funny, all other party members turned their circles color to yellow (like panic). Some of them are walking mindlessly, one is not moving at all. And Minsc starts to attacks me (he was in my party). I cant go outside inn, and that brute is running behind my back with Celestial Fury. After a few runds he succesfully stunned me and the end of story was quite near - I died.
Could anyone explain to me what has happened? Jaheira died and they all (except of PC) lost their mind. (there was no spell influence shown in screen with your statistics)

------------------

Well known expetitioner, Heffalumps hunter, friend of Boo.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:35 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

She died so horribly and so disfigured that your party members went out of their minds.

Joking, truth be told, I dunno why.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:41 AM   #3
Desuma_Malevois

I'm afraid I can't explain the "why's and wherefores" of what happened, except to comment that you were lucky to get ANY kind of response from the game at all. I've read of this happening over on the alt.games.baldurs-gate newsgroup - the only problem there was, as soon as Jaheira's CHA hit zero, the player's computer locked up. Suffice it to say that this is a bug which can cause unpredictable results. If you want J. to keep on using that rod, then the Ring of Human Influence will keep her CHA at 18 while worn.

------------------
Guerilla gourmet, and former proprieter of the KFA.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 AM   #4
tusitha

You have just unwittingly come across a bug! Congrats!

Old 10-23-2001, 09:48 AM   #5
Zbyszek

Thx Desuma_Malevois, I reloaded. But now I will try again . I wander just what will happen when I will remove that ring and her charisma will be below zero
Old 10-23-2001, 09:55 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
Thx Desuma_Malevois, I reloaded. But now I will try again . I wander just what will happen when I will remove that ring and her charisma will be below zero
"Jaheira... give me the ring."

"NOOOO! It... it makes me pretty!"

"Now Jaheira! I need the ring."

"You evil, evil man!"
Old 10-23-2001, 11:32 AM   #7
Nith
Dungeon Master

In the ADND 3rd edition dungeon master guide it says if one of a party members stats hit zero they die automatically and can't be resurrected. The exact quote is "charisma 0 means the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, comalike stuupor, helpless." In another words Jahiera is a veggie. And with your party run around well that was fear caused by the rod of terror.

------------------
By what right does this Tribunal have to judge a god -Star Trek
Old 10-24-2001, 07:58 AM   #8
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Nith:
In the ADND 3rd edition dungeon master guide it says if one of a party members stats hit zero they die automatically and can't be resurrected. The exact quote is "charisma 0 means the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, comalike stuupor, helpless." In another words Jahiera is a veggie. And with your party run around well that was fear caused by the rod of terror.

Hmm.. I cant agree. Rod was already in chest and she was testing armor with -1 CHA only
I dunno about ADD 3rd edition but she was gray so theoretically I could ressurect her - I have to try

Old 11-10-2001, 02:38 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Bg2- MOdified 2nd Edition AD&D rules- 3rd edition have nothing to do with anything

Yellow Circle Thingy- Morale Break. MOrale is negatively inflluenced by having a party memeber die.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:27 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
Bg2- MOdified 2nd Edition AD&D rules- 3rd edition have nothing to do with anything

Yellow Circle Thingy- Morale Break. MOrale is negatively inflluenced by having a party memeber die.

Exactly. That is the only solution to your problem.
And judging by the fact that Minsc attacked you, I'd say he had Morale failure: Berserk. The other ones are Morale failure: Running and Morale failure: Panic