Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I love football(soccer). I really do. I play it in summer,winter...anywhere and everywhere. But there is one HUGE problem in my country.

Slovenia is a small country. Here our first league really sucks. The play so slow... and the only player who succed in the Europe is Zlatko Zahiovič. He plays for Benfica,he is a capitan there, he was in Champions League final in 2001.(Bayern:Valencia) Also he shoot but Kahn saved the day.

Anyway the problem is infastructure. Here we have clubs but not really schools like for example Real`s soccer school. When you see our couchs they are like this:a ciggarette in one hand,beer in another talking to his friend. If that is a coach is beyond me. There are many talents but like i said..there isn`t a lot of work with young players. Someone of our famous retired players should start a school but everybody waits. Sure we have a team wich is related to Internazionale but those guys from Inter come only one a year to check young talents.

Iwish i would be born *anywhere* else then here! Brazil,Spain,Portgual you name it. These countries work with young players but here you see a coach with beer/ciggarete.. in his hands.

Like my sig says:most of the stuff i know i learned on the streets where the whole new football is being developed and high people at out "clubs" should go on the streets and not sit around and do nothing. That`s what pisses me of.

Zatko Zahovič said:"If president of Valencia address his team with:"Gentelman what can i do to help you" here at NZS(National Football Association) they say:"Hey punk"!What do you want"?

It really pisses me off. I would like to be a pro but in these conditions that we have.. no way!

Just had to take this out! Thanks!
Old 11-13-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

I think that the situation is the same for almost all of cental-eastern european countries. For example the last decent hungarian player was around in the 1950's 60's.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
I think that the situation is the same for almost all of cental-eastern european countries. For example the last decent hungarian player was around in the 1950's 60's.
Not really. Look Sweden and Roseborg. They play in the Cham. League and they have good players(Freddie Ljungberg). They are not more talented that we are but they have better infrastrcture.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Not really. Look Sweden and Roseborg. They play in the Cham. League and they have good players(Freddie Ljungberg). They are not more talented that we are but they have better infrastrcture. [/QUOTE]I wouldn't call Sweden a part of central or eastern Europe.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:39 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Not really. Look Sweden and Roseborg. They play in the Cham. League and they have good players(Freddie Ljungberg). They are not more talented that we are but they have better infrastrcture. [/QUOTE]I wouldn't call Sweden a part of central or eastern Europe. [/QUOTE]We Swedes would have noticed if our country all of a sudden drifted down to central or eastern Europe.

Oh, and Rosenborg is a Norwegian team, Xen, but Ljungberg is a Swedish player. Just clearing some things out.

While were talk about Swedish sports, I would that there are two things that contribute to Swedens great success in relation to it's population:

1. Swedish football clubs, and organisations in general, have recieved financial aid from the goverment to help the clubs to make ends meet. I don't know exactly how it is nowadays with the diminishing coffers of the goverment, but it at least used to be so.
2. We Swedes are very fond of organizing us according to our interrests. Some of those join football clubs. For an average five-year old boy it's not a matter of IF you should start to exercise a sport, but rather WHICH one.

It seems in Slovenias case there's a lack of initative and perhaps funding as well to really discover these future stars. Too bad, many talents go to waste.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Ajax was visiting Sweden a few weeks back, to play a friendly match against the champs, Djurgaardens. I was kinda shocked at the quality of that team. Ajax had an easy night, beating them 4-1, or 5-1, i forgot. But if that's what's representing Sweden in the CL next year, you guys have your work cut out for yourselves.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Xen

You have got to look at the positives, It means a better chance of one day playing for your country! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

And as for training have you thought of some differant things like going to the local athletics club and joining. They could help you better at sprinting and diets! Then join a boxing club and get some help with footwork and building some upper body strength. Just playing endless games of soccer and the same soccer training drills will not help you stand out from the crowd in trial matches.

Think about it! achieve your goal *haha* by being smarter!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-14-2003, 02:00 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Xen

You have got to look at the positives, It means a better chance of one day playing for your country! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

And as for training have you thought of some differant things like going to the local athletics club and joining. They could help you better at sprinting and diets! Then join a boxing club and get some help with footwork and building some upper body strength. Just playing endless games of soccer and the same soccer training drills will not help you stand out from the crowd in trial matches.

Think about it! achieve your goal *haha* by being smarter!
You mean work-out? Sure i would love tpoo be like Jon Irenicus. He is Mr. Universe. On more serious note tough i really do a lot for me. I work out every day building my musels in legs,torso and brain.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:41 PM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

You think you're doing it tough in Slovenia; Soccer Australia is a complete joke.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:12 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow

/me ponders his local league... ...

When the newspaper celebrate because the National Team only got a 4-1 drubbing from Manchester United ("We scored a goal!"), then one wonders what the local fans must be thinking when people ask what are our chances on the international stage. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Laughable funds, too little quality fulltime local players, too much over-reliance on foreign import, etc... ...