Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
coyote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just been reading some posts and I've heard mentioned the Twisted Rune

What is this? A quest by the looks of it...

I don't want spoilers but can anyone point me in the right direction to start it.

Is it dependent on chapter/NPC?

Cheers for any enlightenment...
Old 07-18-2001, 07:40 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You can do it in chapters 2,3,6 and 7. Its in the Bridge district in an unmarked house in the south. Its further down from Delosars inn i think and just a bit up from the south end of the map. If you know the 2 groups of houses I mean its a lot easier now, if youve done the piece of red cloth quest from the grave yard district those houses near where the man in red is waiting. The group of houses with 2 doors. Its a locked door and you need a rouge stone to get through it. Its really just a once of battle but it gives the best item in the game, the Staff of the Magi. BTW you want to be about lvl 13 or so before going in its a tough fight.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jabidas (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
Gustave
The Magister

Grab a rogue stone and go to the Bridge district. A bit of advice tho, this is a very difficult quest to complete.

Edit..Just follow the above post, much better in directions than mine.

[This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

This is not a quest actually. It is just... ah, an encounter.
HINT:
Save one Rogue Stone in your backpack and search carefully Bridge District.
I know this is not too clear, but I really do not think I can add anything without spoilers
As far as I know, Twisted Rune and Guarded Compaund are a part of quest that wasn't built in the game - probably because lack of time.

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-18-2001, 08:45 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I tried the Twisted Rune for the first time last night. Needless to say it was over pretty quickly .
I think it is a bit tough even for my level 11 - 13 party, but definitely doable. Needs lots of preparation and strategising tho'.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc