Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 06:23 PM   #11
Righteous_Fury
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BG2 is cool because it has unlimited replayability, you'll never get bored of all the different party and item combinations you can make.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:29 PM   #12
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Even if you haven't played BG1 (which I haven't) It is completely awesome .... this is definately on my top 10 of all time ....
Old 08-27-2001, 06:48 PM   #13
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Righteous_Fury:
BG2 is cool because it has unlimited replayability, you'll never get bored of all the different party and item combinations you can make.
shock! horror! a new member not yet welcomed - well, consider it done!!!

I am on my 5th run through (not includnig 2 aborted games) - LVOE the game

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-27-2001, 11:28 PM   #14
Greystone
The Magister

Ok, ok, ok...I think I am getting good vibes on this from everyone...anyway, I purchased both BG2 & Throne of Bhaal today (~$40 ) and will soon know what all of the hubub is about...I may have to apologise to my girlfriend about this, but hey...you only live once, right? Might as well enjoy it...

Thanks for the feedback, all...I'll let you know what I think as I get into it!

BTW, what are your suggestions for good character for begining character? (I have played numerous CRPGs before, so know the basics, but just want ideas.)

Thanks!

--Greystone
Old 08-27-2001, 11:43 PM   #15
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Greystone:
Ok, ok, ok...I think I am getting good vibes on this from everyone...anyway, I purchased both BG2 & Throne of Bhaal today (~$40 ) and will soon know what all of the hubub is about...I may have to apologise to my girlfriend about this, but hey...you only live once, right? Might as well enjoy it...

Thanks for the feedback, all...I'll let you know what I think as I get into it!

BTW, what are your suggestions for good character for begining character? (I have played numerous CRPGs before, so know the basics, but just want ideas.)

Thanks!

--Greystone
If you played the first game (Baldur's Gate, or referred to as BG1 on this board), then anything; it plays pretty much like the first game. If this is your first Infinity Engine game, warrior types are a good start (can soak up a lot of damage if you screw up along the way, and have less spells/special abilities to confuse you when you are trying to learn the game). Once you have the controls of the game down, feel free to experiment!

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-28-2001, 07:27 AM   #16
zNOVAz
The Magister

I would highly recommend this game for anyone who has a slightest liking for RPGs. It has a great storyline and does not ever seem to get boring or drag on like a lot of other RPGs do.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:29 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I will agree with all that has been said above, and this is from a person who is a twenty-year veteran of 1st-person view CRPG's (the Wizardry-type games) rather than the 3rd person isometric view. But I am thoroughly getting a kick out of BG2. Mind, I will never abandon 1st person games, and don't see why I should in the first place...what this game has done has expand the genre for me, not contract it.

Character interaction is superb, as well as storyline. The humor is great, and it has a good balance of dungeon crawl and other types of non-combat encounters. All in all, a "9" out of "10."

Saz, I'm glad to hear that!

------------------