Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-01-2001, 03:21 PM   #1
JuuBu

I know he does not have to be killed but i realy want the Holy Avengar he holds so please,

Give me some tip/help on how i can kill that damn dragon...

My party consists of:
Cavalier (me)
Sorcerer (me)
Jaheira
Korgan
Minsc
Yoshimo

so how shall i use these guys to kill the little dragon ?? tried alot but only get him to injured..

thanx in advance

Old 01-01-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

1. With J. Cast magic resistence level 5 spell, he wont become an enemy.
2. With Sorceror cast Feebleminded until he is Febbelminded.
Thats my way

Old 01-05-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
marc1ace

So here is the deal, the first time I ran into firkraag (my first encounter with a dragon!!) he just blew me away so I didn't dare fighting him but swore to come back to avenge his evil actions (me being a paladin and all...).As a paladin it was one of my stronghold missions to get back the holy avenger. I only went back after the underdark chapter(by that time I felt that nobody could stand in my way; not even a dragon). In fact I found the battle with firkraag very easy!! I don't really know why people thought it was one of the harder fights in the game (perhaps people fought him at a lower levels than I did).

So here is what I did: my party was A Paladin, Minsc,Jahiera,Imoen,Aerie and Nalia
first I summond as many creatures as possible (fire elementals from jahiera if possible and not the lesser fire elemental from the mages). I also equiped my fighters with weapons that had bonuses against dragons (the dragonslayer if I remember well and an other weapon which I can't remember). I then hasted everybody including the fire elementals. Now: I took the fire elementals and made them stand in front of firkraag while my paladin, minsc and jahiera where on different sides of the dragon (one on each side and one to his back). This will make firkaag focus on the elementals while your fighters attack him from the back (at least for a little while). I made my three spell casters stand as far away to firkraag as possible while still being in visual range (at one point he cast a fireball spell that will instantly kill a weaker member such as Aerie, so stand back). Now I had all three high level mages casting magic missiles (as many as possible each mage had 4 or 5 of these speels memorized)one after the other. Have all your members attack firkraag at the same time(don't even talk to him just surprize attack him). He should fall rather fast (the killing blow being the storm of magic missiles falling on the poor sucker!!)

Old 01-05-2001, 10:40 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

There are lots of ways to kill Firkraag. If you do a search with Firkraag as the keyword you'll find heaps of info. But i'll give you a quick way for a low level party to kill him...

1. Cast Lower Resistance
2. Cast Greater Malison
3. Cast an instant kill spell like finger of death

OR...

4. Cast polymorph other and turn him into a squirrel.