Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-03-2000, 06:57 PM   #1
jdawg

Thanks to the people who answered some of my previous questions. Here is a load more that I am sure others have wondered about...I am around levels 6 to 8 and at the town of Ishad m'ha exploring the temple of snakes.

1. What does the dragonfire button do?
2. I stole a toad potion from that weird annoying toad by lake nymph. What do I do with this?
3. Alignment always seems to be neutral. I always steal or just kill enemies without trying to talk first; In previous wizardry games the alignment would be evil as soon as this was past. Does this actually change with your actions?
4. When you change class, do the new classes that start at level 1 only need like 1,000 points again? Or do you still need experience points as if you just completed your previous class's level?
5. I don't plan on having any barbarians at the end of the game. Would it be a good idea to switch many of my characters through many classes (such as switching a warrior to barbarian to ranger to samurai to paladin to zenmaster)to gain more ability points and more skills?
6. Who all can be zenmasters? Can every class be a zen master? Are zenmasters able to learn all skills?
7. Can warlocks identify items? If so, how and with what skills. What other classes can identify items?
8. What all spell types do warlocks have? Is there any class who learns all spell types?
9. What does game difficulty do? I've heard people say it is easy but I don't want to try it yet since I am not that strong. I do play realtime though. Just curious
10. What do you do with the left over crystal and statue from the crypt( there were 2 crystals and 2 small statues, warrior and wizard) Only one worked and I don't feel like carrying it around.
11. Is this game an official wizardry sequel?
12. After a character changes class, can they still learn spells from previous classes?

Thanks to whoever helps me out with these questions

Old 11-03-2000, 07:38 PM   #2
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. What does the dragonfire button do?
This is the special ability button. Some examples are Shadow Cloak, Evil Eye, and Dragon Fire. Certain things can give you these special powers.

2. I stole a toad potion from that weird annoying toad by lake nymph. What do I do with this?
That's the potion you gave him earlier for the first temple quest!

3. Alignment always seems to be neutral. I always steal or just kill enemies without trying to talk first; In previous wizardry games the alignment would be evil as soon as this was past. Does this actually change with your actions?
It never changes. I've peeked at the binary files, and the other alignments are there, but apparently it wasn't implemented or part of the axed multiplayer. By the way, if you keep killing NPCs, you won't be able to finish the game.

4. When you change class, do the new classes that start at level 1 only need like 1,000 points again? Or do you still need experience points as if you just completed your previous class's level?
They start over. This is explained in the manual.

5. I don't plan on having any barbarians at the end of the game. Would it be a good idea to switch many of my characters through many classes (such as switching a warrior to barbarian to ranger to samurai to paladin to zenmaster)
to gain more ability points and more skills?
Yes, switching can make you much more powerful. There is bug that doesn't allow you to scroll skills, so if you get more skills than fit in the window, you will not be able to add any more points to those you can't see.

6. Who all can be zenmasters? Can every class be a zen master? Are zenmasters able to learn all skills?
I do not know. My guess, from reading the manual, is that you have to be a Monk first, but who knows. They have all books of magic.

7. Can warlocks identify items? If so, how and with what skills. What other classes can identify items?
Yes, but you have to train in the skill at the temple after doing quests and add points to the skill. I don't think any other classes can ID, but I am not sure. (All my characters have been Warlocks at one point.)

8. What all spell types do warlocks have? Is there any class who learns all spell types?
This is in the manual -- please read the manual before posting questions that are contained therein. Warlocks have Fiend and Moon (plus whatever they had from an earlier class), and Zenmaster have all books.

9. What does game difficulty do? I've heard people say it is easy but I don't want to try it yet since I am not that strong. I do play realtime though. Just curious
It makes monsters a little tougher and gives you a little more experience for killing them.

10. What do you do with the left over crystal and statue from the crypt( there were 2 crystals and 2 small statues, warrior and wizard) Only one worked and I don't feel like carrying it around.
Drop it. Also, you can stack crates and get the other statue.

11. Is this game an official wizardry sequel?
No. The only connection is that the designer of Wizardry V, VI, and VII designed this game.

12. After a character changes class, can they still learn spells from previous classes?
Yes, at half ability, as explained in the manual. For example, a level 4 Paladin with level 8 Vine ability will be able to learn up to level 4 Vine spells.

-Eldurin
Old 11-03-2000, 07:53 PM   #3
Loremaster

To clarify a couple of your questions, priests can ID items after a certain level in the guild. They need to learn a couple of skills first. Also, whilst this game was written by the designer of the latter Wizardry's, he parted company from Sir-Tech who produced the Wizardry series and their official sequel, Wizardry 8, is in beta at the moment although there were problems getting a distributor and I don't know the latest situation.