Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
Griefmaker
The Magister

Well, it looks like my wife is pregnant! We have only been married for about half a year and a little surprise has popped up. This is good news and bad news. Obviously it is good news because my wife and I are excited about having a baby, we have been looking forward to being parents (although we had planned on not being parents for at least a few years...). It is bad news because we will have a new level of responsibility thrown on us, which means we won't be able to constantly over-indulge in things like we currently do.

Unfortunately, one of those over-indulgences that has to go will be long sessions of video games! A great stress release for me is an occasional full day of pure gaming, but it looks like those day will REALLY be few and far between soon! However, I still plan to play since next to golf (which I am not good at, but I like flailing around with a metal club!), it is one of the things that I really like to do.

Anyway, sorry to take up everyone's time by forcing you all to read this post, but I just wanted to share the happy (and sad) news!!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats on the impending arrival, Griefmaker! I can tell you from experience that I still get my chances to game... just not quite the all-day sessions of yore [img]smile.gif[/img] Ya just gots to manage it... but enjoy that new baby when he or she comes.

When are the two of you due?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Congratulations.

First, your wife'll suffer some mood swings.
Next, you'll have to wake after every hour of sleep you can get in addition to performing properly at your regular job.
Then, you'll have to drive back and forth between home and school each day, tidy up much more, tie shoelaces, make proper breakfast, bathe others, brush their teeth and share your bed with yet another person whenever bad dreams come along.
After that, you'll have someone around whom you cannot legally get rid of short of by divorce, who'll argue with your every decision even if you agree, invites the smells of smokes and drink into your home along with unsaviory mates.
Finally, you'll have someone coming over all too regularly, pressing you to go to a home for the elderly and to eat tasteless pre-fab meals, complaining all the while about how much of a handful you are.
On top of that, no more gaming for you.

But, congratulations [img]smile.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:45 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh you poor poor ma... I mean congrats and all that
Old 03-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
Griefmaker
The Magister

Legolas, you scare me... [img]smile.gif[/img] But thanks anyway.

Thank you also Bungleau. I have plans to employ my executive powers from being the "man of the house" to allow me some playing time--that is until my wife countermands my decision proving yet again that she wears the pants in the family and I wear the skirt (which only happened once--really--even though we have pictures of it...)

j/k
Old 03-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #6
Griefmaker
The Magister

Oh, she is due in mid October...still a ways away. So I will get a full night's sleep for a few more months, then all hell will break loose.

Especially if the child is a boy and acts like I used to...God help us all!!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

what everyone said above.. i offer you my condole..err congratulations

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

You should have read this thread, my good man. Would have saved you some trouble I guess.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

But seriously, congratulations
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
You should have read this thread, my good man. Would have saved you some trouble I guess.
And snipe the stork? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Congrats Grief, but you probably won't mind giving up the games as you might think. When the baby comes, you'll know that with that responsibility on your hands, giving up games for awhile isn't that bad. But, if you really want to go back to gaming, just introduce your babe to video games at a young age and enjoy it with them, keeps them occupied and quiet (worked for my parents anyway).

[ 03-09-2005, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Congrats on the upcoming new baby! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hey you still have until October, get to gaming!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote