Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

okies....this all starts when we moved to this apartment. there is an apartment above us, one blow us and one sharing a wall beside us. even when there was someone living above us we never had a probelm with them. our neighbors beside us smoke and we can smell it in the hall, but it's not something to be upset about. but those below us....they like to play loud rap/hip hop. not so bad as long as it isn't waking erilyn during her nap.

monday the male of the couple installed a new system in their bedroom. he kept turning it up! so i went and knocked on their door and told them "my daughter is sick and napping, could you turn it down?" her response "well he is setting up a new system" so i asked again for it to be turned down "my daughter is sick and napping please ask him to turn it down i can feel it through all of my floors"

5 minutes later it was no better so i called our apt office. i went by their rules and attempted to solve the problem on a personal level, so now it is there turn. she said she would let them know to turn it down. about 15 min later it got quiet for an hour. remember when i said lyn was sick? she was still sleeping when he started it again! my thoughts "does this man not work?"

so i suffered cause i wasn't able to feel it in my living room anymore, just most of my hall and bedroom. since lyn was still sleeping i let it drop, it wasn't waking her.

along came today! lyn got up at 630 am! very early for her. she went to sleep again before 830. i got to lay down maybe at 930 or so. at 1030 my windows are rattling from their music again. i know my office will tell me to approach them myself. i am tired of being the only person in all the world to tell them to turn it down. so i yell out my window to turn it down, some ppl are trying to sleep. it stopped rattling my windows. but it had already woke erilyn, even before i slammed my window and injured my hand.

so i yelled again a thanks for their curtesy at waking my child.

called nathan at work to complain. he told me to call the office right away anyway as it is obvious they don't care about us or our requests. i called the office and was told to knock on the ppls door and ask for it to be turned down.

i thought better of it. why is there a sub on nathan's comp if we never play loud music? or actually play music loudly? hmmm...at first i thought nofx would do well for this situation, but then i saw one of my bosstones cds. lovely bass in those....guess what for one blissful song i felt my music through my floor! then i turned it down....i can't feel theirs anymore at all. i guess i got my point across!

sorry for it to be so long a post, i just really needed to vent. waking up children is the meanest thing to do to a pregnant woman, and the fact that i have never woken up their child makes it really horrible. so i won, erilyn is watching blues clues without her teeth rattling and i got to hear bosstones at a volume close to that of seeing them in concert, which had been an awsome experience for me, nice to relive!
Old 09-26-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't know what the law in the US says about this, but overhere you can make pretty much as much noise as you like, as long as it's not after 10 PM. Only after that time, the police will respond to your complains. The only thing you could do (if in Holland) is convince your neighbour not to play loud music at times your little one is taking a nap. If the guy has any common sense, it shouldn't be a problem, but your neighbour seems to be a real knucklehead, and so it seems you DO have a problem.

I once was in the same situation like you. I'm not going into any details here, but some very unpleasant things had to happen to make the noise stop. I hope things will work out differently for you.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Due to a definitive lack in my sense of logic, if my neighbor pulled what yours did, they'd need a new system all over again. And I'd probably end up being the one to pay for it. What can I say, I have zero tolerance for disrespect on that level.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-26-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I remember when I was 13 or so my parents got into a huge fight with the next floor neighbors, they were refurnishing the appartment (the neighbors) and were using a powerdrill after midnight(!).

Some people just think they are alone in the world.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:24 AM   #5
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I had a neighbor like that at my last apt complex. Except this one used to like to get drunk and play the radio at 2 AM. At first I talked to him, after that I called my land lord at home every time he woke me up. Kind of like shareing the wealth. The funniest time was when the land lord asked me to turn down my radio and I was like "That is comeing through my floor, thats why I am calling you!!". My neighbor didnt last long after that. If all else fails, put the cops and your land lord on speed dial and call every time your apartment rattles. If you annoy them both enough something will be done. Also , dont settle for the office number, bust open the phone book and call the land lord at home. They realy like it when you call after hours and wake them up.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:45 AM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

i wish i could call my landlord directly...but it is a management company. a friend did mention that i might be able to call the cops for disturbance of the peace. we know other ppl in this complex who have never had a neighbor problem. mostly they were dealing with military ppl tho, ppl trained to be civil. this couple is not trained to be anything. in fact i don't know when they are not home so i have no idea if/when they work! their child is whiney, and for about a month i got woke up every morning at 630 listening to their kid bang the wall with his crib. they have either given him a bed now or have moved the crib away from the wall. now he whines loud enough to wake me.

anyway....i am actually now scared to nap. i am so afraid of being woken up by his music again. if i fall asleep for a nap but don't complete the cycle i actually feel sick...so sometimes it is better to not try. oh well....
Old 09-27-2003, 09:47 AM   #7
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Question Mark

Ok well my thinking is fight fire with fire here take your little girl to a friends/family house then take somthing loud (such as as loud music group0 and blast them out all day lay the speaker on the floor (assuming they are below you) and blast them out.