Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:16 PM   #31
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

However, this is not the time or place for such a discussion. I will be happy to debate the point with you at a later time.

yes let's postpone this until another time.
visit www.simaqianstudios.com for an unemotional debate.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #32
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Not that I want a war, but war always and I mean ALWAYS stimulates the economy. Actyally nothing can pull a country together like a war that the people believe in.
AND NOTHING CAN PULL A COUNTRY APART LIKE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #33
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Quote:
Not that I want a war, but war always and I mean ALWAYS stimulates the economy. Actyally nothing can pull a country together like a war that the people believe in.
AND NOTHING CAN PULL A COUNTRY APART LIKE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!! Please, remember fiascos like Vietnam. My father was in that one and it nearly destroyed him (and pulled our country apart like a couple of dogs fighting over a bone!). Fight if we MUST, not just to fight.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 01:29 PM   #34
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Also rember the civel war. I heard that the US wont allow this to go unpunished.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #35
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Also remember the civil war. I heard that the US wont allow this to go unpunished.

****surprise***

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:31 PM   #36
Sorcerer Alex

Blade's right, Bush won't let this go lightly.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:35 PM   #37
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I said a war that people BELIEVE IN. That wouldn't include the Vietnam war or the european references. Look at WWI and WWII. Hell, war ended the depression for us.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:37 PM   #38
Vampire

Quote:
I said a war that people BELIEVE IN. That wouldn't include the Vietnam war or the european references. Look at WWI and WWII. Hell, war ended the depression for us.

This'll be a hate war. And we all know what they are like. Please don't let this happen!!!!

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #39
skywalker
Banned User

Milamber those wars put people to work, for sure. I'm unemployed as are many, many more. Of course, I would not want a job at this expense.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 01:45 PM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Kaz, you dont know that war with another country will lead to WW3.
How else will America show that it will not be put under siege from another nation? Has there ever been such a direct attack on American soil? There has never been destruction on this scale and magnitude on the USA by another country!
I say go to war, mobilise the fleets and pound whichever nation or group that backed this attack into Middle Eastern dust!

What is this craziness, Lifetime? I'm very surprised to hear this from you. How do you know that Middle Eastern people are even responsible? Do you know something we don't? And how does that make the US better, if they attack and destroy a nation of innocent people? Are those innocent people's lives cheaper, more expendable than American lives?

It's this kind of inflammatory statement that breeds hate and misunderstanding. Mindless violence begetting mindless violence.

Find out who was responsible and bring them to justice by all means. Retaliate against THOSE FOUND TO BE RESPONSIBLE, by all means! This type of atrocity cannot go unpunished, and will not go unpunished, regardless of who is in office.

But to go off spouting hatred and violence against a group that you don't even know is responsible is insane.

I know emotions are heated right now, but be calm for God's sake! I don't even know if some of my friends who work in WTC are still ALIVE!!! and you don't hear me baying for the blood of the most convenient target.

Unless you meant your post as a sarcastic statement, in which case you forgot to use a smiley.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-11-2001).]